Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a cart question, but I do have a handgun question.

My M&P 45 has become my go to gun for Heavy Metal.

The match rules state single stack rules with no more than 8 rds in a magazine. Penalties will apply if you load more than 8. This makes me think that it is not strict single stack rules (USPSA).

Will my M&P be legal if downloaded to 8 rds or do I have to pull out my old Colt 1911?

Has anyone shot the match with a downloaded hi-cap gun?

Thanks in advance,

Kuan

Download the M&P and you will be fine. I used to download my Para P14 before actually having a single stack. I still use the Para when rules allow 10 rds such as USPSA Heavy Metal Optics.

Craig

Thanks for the reply. M&P it is.

Edited - Good thing that I shoot better than I type.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

Kuan are you shooting HM optics or Irons? I signed up for HMO but still need to make sure there are 10 Shootets in the division.

Jesse, you just aren't satisfied kicking butt in TO so you have to pick on us bottom dwellers trying to have

fun in HMO. :angry2: Well I am signed up for it. I can think of a few others that probably will but I

wasn't aware of the 10 shooter thing. Unless there is a bigger than usual turnout, that class is usually more like 6-8 in it at most. If that's the case, I may slide back into TI. You probably want to shoot it next... <_<

Craig

What would be great would be if Ken would post the division they are shooting after each person's name on the squad list.

That would maybe juggle some folks around once they see where the divisions needing a few more bodies may be. Of course it may juggle some sandbaggers too. Either way, it would be nice information to have before the match.

Craig

What would be great would be if Ken would post the division they are shooting after each person's name on the squad list.

That would maybe juggle some folks around once they see where the divisions needing a few more bodies may be. Of course it may juggle some sandbaggers too. Either way, it would be nice information to have before the match.

Craig

The 3 Gun Nation Divisional Series requires ten Shooters for the division to qualify for points. I think posting Shooters divisions is going to become mandatory if the purse continues and/or grows. Matches may want to put a limit on time before the match you can change too. that would stop the unwanted last minute division jumping that I'm planning to do and eliminate headaches during sign in and scoring.

I wonder if TI or HMO or HMI doesn't have ten if they will combine the divisions having the irons guys shoot with the optics guys so the scores count. That's what they did at fallen brethren. HI and HO shot together heads up because neither division met their match minimums for recognition.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I wonder if TI or HMO or HMI doesn't have ten if they will combine the divisions having the irons guys shoot with the optics guys so the scores count. That's what they did at fallen brethren. HI and HO shot together heads up because neither division met their match minimums for recognition.

I agree they will have to let people know if there won't be enough in a class to count. Otherwise there will be some pissed off folks thinking they are shooting for points and end up being hindered by equipment by being moved into a different class. Maybe Ken needs to address this real quick so the heavy shooters won't find out they don't have a division at the match and have to fit in somewhere else.

Unfortunately, the HMO and HM rules are quite different for shotgun and pistol, not just the optic on the rifle.

Craig

The only thing you are going to regret is that the match wasn't 5 days long and 20 stages.

Jay

This!

Thanks, good to know. This is only going to be my 4th 3-gun match so as excited as I am for it, I'm still a bit apprehensive. I was hoping to hit a few more local matches before going, but sometimes life just gets in the way.

Folks,

I went in and added class designations to everyones name on the squad list.

It should be posted today to tomorrow.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I know it's more work for you now but it may save some headaches at registration.

Craig

In the latest squad list PDF, the division is located next to each name. For example: Jesse Tischhauer-TO

Link

May need to clear my cookies on my phone.

Hmmm. I see there are 4 HMO and 5 HM. If I shoot HMO that makes ten total. I wonder if there is a possibility of combining the divisions for 3GN Division series points?

In the latest squad list PDF, the division is located next to each name. For example: Jesse Tischhauer-TO

Link

May need to clear my cookies on my phone.

Hmmm. I see there are 4 HMO and 5 HM. If I shoot HMO that makes ten total. I wonder if there is a possibility of combining the divisions for 3GN Division series points?

Question for Pete and Chad??