Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

AlamoShooter, thanks for the info on the Vortex.

Jamie

I would have helped even if you didn't have such a Cool Name

All the ROs worked so very hard for too many days, I have great respect for that kind of commitment to the game.

Thank YOU......Jamie

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Ken, Larry, all RO's and the young men helping paint and setup on each stage. I enjoyed this match a lot, have shot it 2 years before and I must say it was nice to be able to keep everything dry this year. I liked the challenge of the shotgun and pistol targets damn near sharing the same target stand, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was kind of a "what choke do you dare run" for the shotgun part of the match to me. My shotgun saw everything from cylinder for stage 9 to full on 1 and 2. I can't really think of any complaints about the match. (except my inability to hit anything with a rifle) The penalties, flying clays, 4" plates that spin sideways (I didn't see it once), 1 hit in B not counting, was the same for everyone. If it had been different, stage times might have been lower, but they would have been lower for everyone.

Chad, sorry about your scope, I heard about it and now I got to see it. Nice job sucking it up and moving on.

I did also see one shooter get surprised by his turkey loads and almost fell off the platform on the spinner stage. If you have it on video, yes, thats me laughing in the backround. :cheers:

Yeah, that was me......the other Chad. That was a helluva surprise. Still managed to spin it in two. Would have loved to have shot that one again!!

Thanks to Ken, Larry, all RO's and the young men helping paint and setup on each stage. I enjoyed this match a lot, have shot it 2 years before and I must say it was nice to be able to keep everything dry this year. I liked the challenge of the shotgun and pistol targets damn near sharing the same target stand, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was kind of a "what choke do you dare run" for the shotgun part of the match to me. My shotgun saw everything from cylinder for stage 9 to full on 1 and 2. I can't really think of any complaints about the match. (except my inability to hit anything with a rifle) The penalties, flying clays, 4" plates that spin sideways (I didn't see it once), 1 hit in B not counting, was the same for everyone. If it had been different, stage times might have been lower, but they would have been lower for everyone.

Chad, sorry about your scope, I heard about it and now I got to see it. Nice job sucking it up and moving on.

I did also see one shooter get surprised by his turkey loads and almost fell off the platform on the spinner stage. If you have it on video, yes, thats me laughing in the backround. :cheers:

Yeah, that was me......the other Chad. That was a helluva surprise. Still managed to spin it in two. Would have loved to have shot that one again!!

I didn't want to out you, figured you could do it yourself if you wanted. You musta got a little to used to those light trap loads...

I didn't want to out you, figured you could do it yourself if you wanted. You musta got a little to used to those light trap loads...

The video was epic!!!!

I was probably the most unliked person at the match, but I still want to thank all the competitors. It was probably the "friendliest" match I've worked so far.

Also thanks benelli2 and kurtm for letting me check out your scopes and for the info. I'll bring more beer to the Ozark match if I am able to make it.

Jesse I owe you a cold one as well. Thanks.

Trubl, thanks for the info on the shotshell holders, I'll be in touch.

Jeremy and Ben, names Jamie not Jason!! :)

I also want to give a BIG thanks to all ROTC crew. I don't think the match would have went near as smooth and speedy if it weren't for all their hard work painting and resetting targets.

Hope to see all at the Ozark match in September.

I was probably the most unliked person at the match, but I still want to thank all the competitors. It was probably the "friendliest" match I've worked so far.

Also thanks benelli2 and kurtm for letting me check out your scopes and for the info. I'll bring more beer to the Ozark match if I am able to make it.

Jesse I owe you a cold one as well. Thanks.

Trubl, thanks for the info on the shotshell holders, I'll be in touch.

Jeremy and Ben, names Jamie not Jason!! :)

I also want to give a BIG thanks to all ROTC crew. I don't think the match would have went near as smooth and speedy if it weren't for all their hard work painting and resetting targets.

Hope to see all at the Ozark match in September.

just curious, but why would you say you were the most unliked person at the match? Sorry I can't put a face to a name, but I don't recall meeting an unlikable RO anywhere at the match. You guys were great and seemed to go the extra mile to make sure everyone had fun. The only exception to that I can think of was one of my squad mates that got DQ'd very early in the match, which certainly wasn't the fault of the RO. Hard to say it was really anybody's fault, just a freak unfortunate incident.

Not that I was an "unlikable" person, but because of the stage I was on, 9. And I'm not saying anything bad about the stage, just that it was probably the one most unliked. I liked the stage myself, mixed things up a bit.

Not that I was an "unlikable" person, but because of the stage I was on, 9. And I'm not saying anything bad about the stage, just that it was probably the one most unliked. I liked the stage myself, mixed things up a bit.

I knew exactly what stage you were gonna say. That was a love it or hate it stage. Personally I lined the clay throwers over the past few years. Since shotguns are used most for flying targets it only seems fitting.

I knew exactly what stage you were gonna say. That was a love it or hate it stage. Personally I lined the clay throwers over the past few years. Since shotguns are used most for flying targets it only seems fitting.

I liked the stage too. For me 3-gun is all about being a great all-around shooter. That includes hitting flying targets with the shotgun.

Nope, for my $$ if any RO was unliked, it was Stage 8 and the super strict scoring of the pistol target, to be contrasted with Stage 6's interpretation of the exact same targets and presumably the same RO breifing from Flood. Granted, the extra few penalty seconds did not materially alter my final score for the entire match, but it was a very frustrating way to start a match especially when combined with a @@%#$ spinner that refused to move for my CYL bore shotgun, I actually was less frustrated by my inability to hit those #@!$ %#@$ 190mph clay birds on 9...

All of these annoyances are part of the game, and I want to be clear that I too, am whining about a minor thing, not anything significant. I am glad the ridiculus penalties for those of us that can't seem to zero our rifles properly went away, and on the subject of targets that you couldn't see, that's just a hazard of natural terrain stages. My big failure on not being able to see targets came on Stage 5 of all things, because every time I missed at the 300 yard targets, my big .308 bullets would kick a HUGE cloud of dust. Believe it or not, I was WISHING for rain at that point... :roflol:

Thanks Ken, Larry, RO's, Military help, CMMG and sponsors.

Especially Stag Arms for the rifle.

I thought this was the best match I've seen so far at the CMMG facility.

Day 1 (stg 6-9) went really quick.

Day 2 (stg 1-4) dragged on a bit but we still got out early compared to years past.

Day 3 (stg 5) weather held out luckily and the prize table went rather quickly.

Lots of teams for the charity event which was good to see.

Big thanks to squad 6 and other helpful friends :cheers:

Nick

Thanks Ken, Larry, RO's, Military help, CMMG and sponsors.

Especially Stag Arms for the rifle.

I thought this was the best match I've seen so far at the CMMG facility.

Day 1 (stg 6-9) went really quick.

Day 2 (stg 1-4) dragged on a bit but we still got out early compared to years past.

Day 3 (stg 5) weather held out luckily and the prize table went rather quickly.

Lots of teams for the charity event which was good to see.

Big thanks to squad 6 and other helpful friends :cheers:

Nick

Nice shooting this past weekend Nick!!!

And thanks for reminding me to thank the RO's on stage 9 for letting half or squad shoot late Saturday so we could indulge Satirday night without having to get up early for any Sunday shooting!!! Beers are on me if y'all come tobthe USSA match fellas.

Really enjoyed the match - fun stages, helpful ROs, good friends, and a great group of guys on Squad 17. Things I liked:

Smooth flow - only a few stages backed up and they were minor.

Stages were a bit more challenging than they appeared at first glance.

More than half the stages used all three guns - big plus!!

The team challenge was a BLAST - great way to fill time while scores & prizes were being worked.

The MGM Spinner and Stage 9 - cause I spun it in two shots and hit all the flyers.

Shooting a penalty-free match, albeit way too slowly.

Seeing that young man's reaction when he won the "RIFLE RAFFLE"! You could just tell it was one of the highpoints of his life thus far. Really happy to see him win.

Three things I would change next time:

Better pre-match communication - we were left guessing on round-count until the very last minute.

Having only one dump barrel for two long-guns; the chance of damaging a rifle or scope is just too great. Please add an extra dump barrel next time.

Stage 7 Rifle targets - I could just barely make out the targets due to the position of the sun (being colorblind didn't help). Their visibility changed dramatically depending on time of day. Please paint them white next time.

A big thanks to Ken, the ROs, the ROTC cadets, and all the generous sponsors! Thanks also to my traveling buddies on the Team Shoot, and all my friends (old and new) on Squad 17.

Can't wait til next year.

Doug

Nice shooting this past weekend Nick!!!

And thanks for reminding me to thank the RO's on stage 9 for letting half or squad shoot late Saturday so we could indulge Satirday night without having to get up early for any Sunday shooting!!! Beers are on me if y'all come tobthe USSA match fellas.

Thanks Jesse,

You did pretty good too!

Nick