Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else prefer handguns over rifles?

Gadgetech

I ask b/c I only own one rifle and that's because it was an inheritance. I've looked into AR platforms as well as precision rifles and the more I look, the more I lose interest and start thinking about how nice a pistol (1911 or otherwise) I could get for the same money. Now where am I erring here? What do y'all like and why? Just trying to look at this from all angles and I'm curious about what you like and why. I must be missing something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you shoot a multigun match you'll start owning long guns as well. When you talk about shooting precision rifles ..... wait until you wack a piece of sttel 1,000 yards away. It's pretty cool as well. Gotta love sporting clays as well in the off season. It's all fun and yes, it's all expensive to a certain degree.

I definitely in the "prefer handgun" group. I have long guns and I do enjoy them but when I always prefer to shoot handgun matches. Multigun- too much crap to drag around and keep track of. rolleyes.gif

How would you know? I've heard you have an AR, but, you don't even shoot the "1 Long Gun Only" matches. :roflol:

I definitely in the "prefer handgun" group. I have long guns and I do enjoy them but when I always prefer to shoot handgun matches. Multigun- too much crap to drag around and keep track of. rolleyes.gif

How would you know? I've heard you have an AR, but, you don't even shoot the "1 Long Gun Only" matches. :roflol:

Long guns scare me!

Long guns scare me!

I do realize that some are taller than you are. :lol: We can get you past the feeling of inadequacy, though. :goof:

Long guns scare me!

I do realize that some are taller than you are. :lol: We can get you past the feeling of inadequacy, though. :goof:

Oh man.. and now you attack my physique!! I'm in tears now.

:roflol:

I prefer handguns over long guns. I get more of a rush shooting pistol fast then rifle or shotgun. If I want to hit a target 600 yards away, I'll get in my car and drive up to it

I have two 1911s both Springfield armory. A TRP and a Lightweight champion operator. I also have an Hk USP compact in .40cal. Ive thought about a Dan Wesson but what might you look at if you were going to by something new around $1500 give or take?

I've shot a rifle twice and a shotgun once. Two of the three were at an IDPA match. I don't have the time and money to dedicate to practicing to get good with a rifle or shotgun so I never bothered getting started.

Edited by waktasz

I've shot a rifle twice and a shotgun once. Two of the three were at an IDPA match. I don't have the time and money to dedicate to practicing to get good with a rifle or shotgun so I never bothered getting started.

I enjoy the pistole because it's, ah, well, portable. Always thought of myself as a rifle shooter ever since Boy Scout camp many years ago. However, it's difficult to find a decent IWB holster for the AR.

I started practical shooting about 10 years ago and the BEST part about it is the wonderful folks I've met along the way. Couldn't ask for more fun. I've learned a lot too and put thousands of rounds through my handgun every year.

I believe it's made me a better (seriously here) shooter, man, person, etc.

If I had to choose only one firearm to use in the future, it would be a (caliber?) rifle.

Use your pistol to get to your shotgun. Use your shotgun to get to your rifle.

Shooting practical rifle at ranges of 800-1300yds, 9 targets, 3 minute par time, will definately get your blood pumpin for the rifle.

Randy

I ask b/c I only own one rifle and that's because it was an inheritance. I've looked into AR platforms as well as precision rifles and the more I look, the more I lose interest and start thinking about how nice a pistol (1911 or otherwise) I could get for the same money. Now where am I erring here? What do y'all like and why? Just trying to look at this from all angles and I'm curious about what you like and why. I must be missing something.

Handgun or rifle? Depends on what I am going to kill! ;)

I like pistols more because I have a big ego and I think I'm pretty good at shooting them. :lol:

I shot pistols merely for the joy of putting holes in paper (it was a lot cheaper and faster paced than rifle shooting when I was growing up).

We used Rifles and shotguns for hunting, and I practiced with them before the season opened, but not much more.

All that has changed, and I've almost got all my gear to shoot my first multigun match, but in truth I'll probably always enjoy shooting pistols more.