Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some holster advice

RLBadKarma

I'm just getting started in Action Pistol and I'm not a big fan of the plastic holsters. I have one for my Buckmark and I just do not like it. What are the standard holsters for 1911's in Metallic and Production? What was everyone else using at the Cup, other than the plastic?

I tried to search and see if "slide" style holsters are allowed and didn't get a "yea or nay" type of answer, but I'd guess they are not legal. I'm looking at a Safariland 5187, but would like to know what other options there are.

Thanks

Ghost, Safariland 012, 013, CR Speed, Double Alpha. Those would probably be the top choices for Open and Metallic.

Production is a whole nother ball game. Blade-Tech, Comptac would probably be the top choices. The 5187 looks legal for production, a 1911 firearm is not. No open top race holsters in production.

Ghost, Safariland 012, 013, CR Speed, Double Alpha. Those would probably be the top choices for Open and Metallic.

Production is a whole nother ball game. Blade-Tech, Comptac would probably be the top choices. The 5187 looks legal for production, a 1911 firearm is not. No open top race holsters in production.

Thank you sir.

I guess I should have stated that I was considering a new pistol for production.

For production I think you just need something that is safe and essentially covers autos up to the ejection port and does not drop too far down the leg.

For open you can go nuts.

I like the DAA PDR holster, but don't overlook all the previous mentions, they are are all good.

For open I am a fan of the Hoppner and Schumann CW5, whilst specific for each firearm thy are easy to use and if you wish they can be locked.

The 5198 looks like a belt clip/paddle.

I went with the 568 because it converts from paddle to belt loop and can still accommodate other large frame autos along with my 1911.

So far, I really like it, but we will see how it fares when the new season starts in March.