Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock clone

Suicycle

I was told about a We or WE copy of a Glock 17 by a guy that is strictly into airsoft. I also remembered a thread about not being able to find glocks in the states anymore. The story is you have to buy the slide and the frame separate. Has anybody got any experience with these? Or is there another alternative to this?

I was told about a We or WE copy of a Glock 17 by a guy that is strictly into airsoft. I also remembered a thread about not being able to find glocks in the states anymore. The story is you have to buy the slide and the frame separate. Has anybody got any experience with these? Or is there another alternative to this?

I got a g18 that was a perfect match (metal slide) from redwolf distributors.

They are in hong kong, but shipping wasn't as bad as I would have thought.

They have a g17 too, same thing without select fire.

Fit my DAA holser better than my g35 out of the box

• 2 months later...

The plastic of the receivers isn't nearly as tough as the stuff real Glocks are made of, and the magazines, in a cruel ironic twist, usually have steel bodies. Slamming one into the other may shorten the lifespan of the product. Still, a lot of people do it. If you do, you might want to take some care on where the ejected mags fall - the feed lips for the BBs don't like concrete floors, especially given that even the empty mag weighs much more than the real thing.

The switching out of sights really depends on how they're mounted, and what sights you want to use. Some airsoft sights cannot be removed (my HSC was like that). Some slides may not take what you want to mount (screw in front sights don't work for the KWA 34 I have). The soft plastic stock Glock rear sights might go in easily, but the relatively soft metal of an airsoft slide might not hold up to drifting in a really tight metal aftermarket slide, and that's provided that there is a dovetail of the right dimensions or even any dovetail at all in the side you want to use.

Edited by kevin c

• 1 month later...