Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

I'm sure it means perpendicular to the firing line. Movement on the line is from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock, clays are thrown from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock down range, thus the arrow pointing down range.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Kurt Miller came up with a stage in which there are 10 targets that cannot be arbitrated by the shooter. Unless we're using some sort of clay that does not break when it hits the ground.

Gary do you have any idea when we might see a squad list?

Thank you.

I'll check and see if Linda has/will have a list. If you have a squad request make sure she is aware of it.

Thank you. I indicated my squadding preference on my entry form. I was just curious... I'm sure she is busy enough. I can wait and see. :cheers:

Stages look great!!!

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

The trap is a Promatic sporting clays trap. The tgts will fly perpendicular to the firing line. The trap will activate on the start signal and throw ten clays one every two seconds in the Pro match. This stage is all Kurt Miller's and I'm looking forward to shooting it!

Will it be the same on the AM side? 10 Clays at 2 sec.?

The stages look great. I am excited and ready to go. Well, maybe not ready ready... Gotta practice some more.

The trap is a Promatic sporting clays trap. The tgts will fly perpendicular to the firing line. The trap will activate on the start signal and throw ten clays one every two seconds in the Pro match. This stage is all Kurt Miller's and I'm looking forward to shooting it!

Will it be the same on the AM side? 10 Clays at 2 sec.?

The stages look great. I am excited and ready to go. Well, maybe not ready ready... Gotta practice some more.

AM will be one clay every 3 seconds.

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait
Think they kept a car stage in just for us Jimmy?
Maybe they'll feel generous and give us a Lincoln or Cadillac
I have put in a request for two LARGE cars.
Thank goodness!

Hopefully the front door windows go all the way down too.

Brian, while I personally still dislike any type of target that can't be arbitrated, I am only responding to the vast majority of my fellow shooters who said they wanted to keep thrown clays at any cost....so here they is.

Paper traget question: Will the FNH pizza targets be used in this match?

Smart A@# comment: I can't believe 3 gun shooters are being asked to shoot flying clays in the air!!! (sarc) :sight: and load a shell or 2 every 2 seconds!!! :eatdrink:

Looks like great stages on the PRO side, now if my 27 round shotgun tube would only fit in the "Smart Car" in stage PRO 2!

David E.

Smart A@# comment: I can't believe 3 gun shooters are being asked to shoot flying clays in the air!!! (sarc) :sight: and load a shell or 2 every 2 seconds!!! :eatdrink:

Looks like great stages on the PRO side, now if my 27 round shotgun tube would only fit in the "Smart Car" in stage PRO 2!

David E.

David,

Try to get together with Mark. He knows a bit about shotgun.

i am new to three gun so don't get mad if you don't like my questions, i have 2.

first, if i put two hits on every piece of paper there are no penalities or 1 A hit on every paper. so 2 C's or 2D's or any combination of 2 hit in all scoring zones is 0 penalities.

on the am stage 6, not sure of the pro stage number. the one with the 10 clays thrown in 2 and 3 sec gaps. when the buzzer sounds is the first clay thrown or does it wait 2 or 3 secs.

piece i'm outta here

On stages with a shotgun that is staged with an empty chamber what can the tube be loaded to in Tac Ops, 8 or 9? Stage description states "loaded to division magazine capacity"

From the rules:

3. Shotgun

1. Tac Optics Class

6. Shotgun magazines capacity is unlimited, however only 9 rounds permitted in gun for loaded chamber start and 8 rounds in gun for empty chamber start.

David E.

If its a "Smart Car" they better bring a crowbar to get me back out of it. Otherwise I may be carrying it around with me for the rest of the match. :sight:

Brian, while I personally still dislike any type of target that can't be arbitrated, I am only responding to the vast majority of my fellow shooters who said they wanted to keep thrown clays at any cost....so here they is.

My one big question about this stage is: will everybody have exactly 10 thrown clays to engage, or will the number of aerials depend on how long it takes you to shoot the stage?

Gotta admit, this one has me a wee bit nervous, since it'll be the first time I shoot a 3-gun stage with a repetetive thrower (as opposed to single clays with some sort of activator)... :blink:

David E.

The paper tgts will be IPSC metric and 1/2 scale metrics supplied by C&M Targets. If there is a change I'll post it here.

i am new to three gun so don't get mad if you don't like my questions, i have 2.

first, if i put two hits on every piece of paper there are no penalties or 1 A hit on every paper. so 2 C's or 2D's or any combination of 2 hit in all scoring zones is 0 penalties.

on the am stage 6, not sure of the pro stage number. the one with the 10 clays thrown in 2 and 3 sec gaps. when the buzzer sounds is the first clay thrown or does it wait 2 or 3 secs.

piece i'm outta here

Welcome to world of multi gun. It's three times the opportunity to screw up. :D :D :D

You are correct on the paper tgt scoring. Any paper target designated as a "shoot" target requires one (1) A zone or upper A/B zone hit or two (2) hits inside the target scoring perforations to neutralize.

Tac Optics Class

Handguns must be of a factory configuration.

I may be overthinking the rules, but what does this mean with respect to mag wells?

I'm using a CZ shadow and currently have an added magwell.

Is it good to go or should I be removing it?