Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on unknown AR-15 muzzlebrake

IPSC_RUS

Hello, couple years ago friend of mine purchased Bushmaster AR-15 with 20 inch barrel and highly effective muzzlebrake.

Made of ss with pretty ordinary design, but rifle control is nearly perfect. At least more effective, than with Mikulek or SJC.

Any thoughts, who is the manufacturer?

pics:

0235ab7ff4ab.jpg

7bc48f0a7a0f.jpg

71e4e912367a.jpg

Edited by IPSC_RUS

Try Holland Quick Discharge - It's one of the "older" models. I don't know much about it, my Grandpa said it was a goodun. Looks like someone polished yours.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/109958/hollands-quick-discharge-muzzle-brake-3-4-28-thread-stainless-steel

Your Gradpa??? I didn't know people were putting Comps on Trapdoor Springfields.

Hurley

Try Holland Quick Discharge - It's one of the "older" models. I don't know much about it, my Grandpa said it was a goodun. Looks like someone polished yours.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/109958/hollands-quick-discharge-muzzle-brake-3-4-28-thread-stainless-steel

Your Gradpa??? I didn't know people were putting Comps on Trapdoor Springfields.

Hurley

Hah, I think it was on a flintlock.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Nope

I have a Miculek in use, this one is designed more carefully, with math and engineering in mind.

Inside diameter of the gas chamber with the side ports is smaller than Miculek.

Side ports are different. I'll try to get additional pics on weekend.

Doesn't look like the Holland either ;) Close, though.

... I have a Miculek in use, this one is designed more carefully, with math and engineering in mind. ...

The Miculek was designed with neither math nor engineering in mind? How do you figure that? (I'm not a mathematician, engineer, or machinist, so maybe it's not obvious to me.)

... I have a Miculek in use, this one is designed more carefully, with math and engineering in mind. ...

The Miculek was designed with neither math nor engineering in mind? How do you figure that? (I'm not a mathematician, engineer, or machinist, so maybe it's not obvious to me.)

I'am not saying anything bad about mikulek. It's "best for thr buck" product on the market.

But I've tested various JP,SJC,Arredondo,Mikulek etc.

The one on photos is holding a first place, eliminating recoil and what's most important - eliminaiting barrel movement. imho

That's why I'am trying to understand who made it.

The trouble is - most of my shooting goes with Barnaul ammo. Cheap ammo,hornady bullet. PF is a bit low, so muzzlebrake design does play a role.

• 2 weeks later...