Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 1911 magazines

D.Hayden

I didn't see a thread about 9mm - but my search foo has been weak lately

I want reliable 10 round 9mm magazines. Tried the one I could find at Brownell's, it hardly functioned.

The magazine that came with the STI Spartan works great, but only holds 9 rounds

Dawson has a few.. anyone here tried them?

I'm guessing Tripp has them, but with the website down, not 100% on that

Any suggestions appreciated.. Thanks, Dave

tripp - I sold all my 9mm wilson ETM's in favor of tripp. Like limited mags, wilsons hold 10 with reloadable 9. even with springs that had taken a good set the mags were just way too hard to seat with 10 rounds with the slide in battery. they likely work fine for idpa where you are reloading at slidelock but i'll take tripps any day.

I use the metal form 38 super tubes with shooting star follower and springs. Was the only 10 round reloadable mag I found when I was shooting none of the other mags mentioned were available. The other brand of 38 super 10 rounders either wouldnt reload with 10 or the springs quickly died. I then figured out I was way better off with 9 round mags anyways. (n IDPA) so have just used the regular 9 rounders.

Thanks for the Tripp Link! I was trying the Tripp homepage.. http://www.trippresearch.com/ they need to add a link to the store :)

The only 10 round magazine at Brownell's I found was the Metalform. I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 shots off before it got a FTF.

I got the Spartan in May (I think).. fine pistol for the money.. I have a 1911 in 45, and 10mm and 40.. this just rounds things out.. and after I get it a trigger job, I think my wife will like it in Single Stack

Thanks for the Tripp Link! I was trying the Tripp homepage.. http://www.trippresearch.com/ they need to add a link to the store :)

The only 10 round magazine at Brownell's I found was the Metalform. I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 shots off before it got a FTF.

The link is there but it is at the bottom of the page.

These guns are a bit picky when it comes to bullet profile. You will probably find that a round nose bullet will function best but the magazines make a difference too.