Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA 3G Nats...

Not sure if they are final, but the URL above (http://www.lchico5u.com/mgn2012.html) has been updated ... Stopped by this morning after some training and they where still shooting ...

Tactical

1 Horner, Daniel A48668 M Tactical Major 1178.7714 100.000%

2 Shelby, Glenn L3376 M Tactical Major 1049.3364 89.019%

3 Johnson, Robbie A53671 U Tactical Major 976.3704 82.829%

4 Piatt, Bruce A1529 U Tactical Major 934.9322 79.314%

Open

1 Butler, Taran L2354 GM Open Major 1055.0325 100.000%

2 Voigt, Michael RD4 GM Open Major 1039.0831 98.488%

3 Miculek, Jerry TY15336 GM Open Major Senior 1020.2923 96.707%

4 Vidanes, JoJo L1993 GM Open Major 1004.9001 95.248%

Limited

1 Sechiatano, Chris TY39578 M Limited Major 1079.6191 100.000%

2 Seeklander, Michael TY30288 GM Limited Major 1065.8138 98.721%

3 Underdown, Craig L3216 M Limited Major 1056.2145 97.832%

4 Miller, Kurt TY49733 M Limited Major 1041.3122 96.452%

Edited by jriera

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Katie was 22/84 if those are finals. High Lady and High Junior in Tactical again.

Limited looks like it was the closest race at the top.

Edited by MarkCO

Great match. One of the best Multi-gun matches I have ever been to. The stages were very good and really was a good blend of technical challenges and speed. Range Master was great and the RO's were a good crew.

I had just about given up un USPSA Multi-gun, but this match was a game changer. I also actually liked the April/early spring time for the match.

A few suggestions:

PLEASE PLEASE become a part of the 3gun Nation point series.

Get the hotel contract squared away earlier.

Post the round count prior to the match

Let the shooters pick up their free shooting lane certificate at the Americian Shooter location when they get their ammo

See you next year

PS: Hats off to Daniel and Robbie for providing the donation in order to have a raffle for the injured RO from the match.

Edited by ap3

Wow-DQ city on day one. Wtf?

Whoa! That's a lot of DQ's. Wonder why.

While there were more DQ's than I would have liked, without exception every DQ was related to shooter actions or inactions. Several ADs while reloading, mostly shotgun related, 2-180 violations, one on a very bad handgun reload, the second when the shooter caught his long gun on a wall during movement and it jerked the muzzle around. Several abandoned firearm issues, one a jamb with the gun still loaded and the safety unable to be applied since the slide was not in battery, the second the slide locked back and the competitor assumed he was out of ammo, he was incorrect. An abandoned loaded rifle with the safety not on.

The only one that was a bit of a heart breaker was a competitor pre-loading his shotgun without RO supervision. This was caused by poor judgement of another competitor who told the DQ'ed competitor to start pre-loading while the rest of the squad was in the midst of the walk through. :(

The staff worked with the competitors to make sure the whole long gun transport, carrying and flagging issues were a non-issue.

In general it was a very safe match and while I hate any DQ, safety is always going to be the most important issue at any match.

Jay 2012 MG RM

Edited by JayWord

Thanks again to all of the sponsors, staff, and shooters who were a part of this year's National Championship. It was a great match, and it couldn't have been possible without the help of a LOT of dedicated people.

My hats off to everyone I had the opportunity to work with, build stages with, and even shoot with. Next year will be even better!

The Multi-gun committe and BOD will ensure that the new rule book will have all of the kinks worked out.

Thanks again!

Phil Strader

Are there any photos/videos up from the match anywhere ? I can't find anything on the main web site or Facebook page.

Here are some photos taken by my wife of Squad 2 - http://rohirrim.smugmug.com/WNPL/3-Gun/USPSA-Multigun-Nationals-2012

Most of the photos are of the Reno Crew but she got photos of all of the squad members on Stage 1 starting on page 12 of the gallery. Great shooting with all of you on squad 2 and congrats to Andrew for taking 5th place.

It was my first big match and I had a great time. The RO's and office staff were great to work with and I thank you again, for all of your efforts. It was great to see everyone's generosity at the awards ceremony in helping out a fellow shooter. I think more than one person had a tear in their eye.

I enjoyed all of the stages, they were all a blast to shoot. My only little nit pick is I thought they were a little too heavily biased towards hoser type stages.

Steve

I know it is early, but any word on location for next year 2013?

Albany...

:D

Not if I have a vote (which I actually don't) Albany is a great range with great people but it's not a good 3 Gun range, and certainly up to holding the types of stages USPSA is now putting forward for the MG Nats.

My suggestions for what they are worth (not much)

Vegas

Parma, ID

Rockcastle, KY

Albany...

Not if I have a vote (which I actually don't) Albany is a great range with great people but it's not a good 3 Gun range, and certainly up to holding the types of stages USPSA is now putting forward for the MG Nats.

Vegas

Parma, ID

Rockcastle, KY

Parma would be sweet...

This was a very good match---great stage design and smooth administration.

I agree...very smooth running compared to last year. No prop troubles with delays in getting them back up and running, didn't hear about very many reshoots, no chrono to sit around at, and time plus scoring goes soooo much faster. Pete designed some really good stages as well. Can't believe there was only one vendor under the tent though.

I really hope it stays in Vegas! ;)

Edited by diversmith

Albany...

Vegas

Parma, ID

Rockcastle, KY

I like this idea.

Who needs berms when you got the "Rock"!!!!

How about someplace centrally located like Texas that it's easy for shooters from all over the USA to get to, that is easy to fly into (like DFW International Airport) and has a great facility, like Spartan Tactical? Makes sense to me.

http://www.spartantactical.com/

How about someplace centrally located like Texas that it's easy for shooters from all over the USA to get to, that is easy to fly into (like DFW International Airport) and has a great facility, like Spartan Tactical? Makes sense to me.

http://www.spartantactical.com/

I like the Texas option!!!

As former "King of the Reshoots"(in 2011 I only had 5+)

this year I got 3. . . all range prop failures and none because I was standing on the activator cable and the box at the same time

. . . thank you very much.

this match went very very smoothly and Pete Rensing is an Evil Genius

but as always a few helpful hints for next year.

All R.O.'s scoring any long range Flasher Steel must, Must be on glass to call hits. three guys squinting down range is not inspiring to the squad shooting at targets at 360 + yards. (nothing personal but out of 160 or so shooters . . . someone must have had a spare pair with them.

(stage 7 did have a dedicated R.O. calling hits on long range steel with binos . . . in the rain and in a way that was unmistakable to the shooter if it was a hit. . . .nice touch)

Question

3 Gun is the next big Extreme action shooting sport . . . where was the press?

or are we going underground to avoid political pressures?

Robin was there for Front sight . . . but where was the coverage for our National Championships ??????

usually your tripping over the camera crews, photographers and trying not to shoot the remote cameras down range. Kind of felt like our parents were gone for the weekend and we were having a good time in the dessert and trying to not get caught by dad for taking the guns out of the safe.

explain the rules to all of the R.O.'s prior to the match, having to stop and have three shooters and one CRO correct a new to MultiGun R.O. and point out how time plus works on Sunday morning after 11 squads have shot through, makes one wonder how the other 11 were scored?. . . . again not confidence inspiring.

R.O.s

I thank each and every one of you for coming out and lending your time and efforts to make this match successful.

I know some of you are new to officiating a Multi gun event, and that some of you are not completely won over by the sport yet. (Finding 25 Scott Hawkins clones would make ever match director happy and every shooter really nervous. . . . )

I only ask that you not bad mouth our scoring and stage layout "it's just a hose fest there's not accuracy at all"

and treat our concerns about placing a $3000 shotgun, muzzle first in to a dump barrel full of rocks and mud as whining.

God Bless America and the First (and second) Amendment . . . . just keep it to yourself until we leave the stage . . . thank you.

Vendor Tent . . . . . . . ? . . . . . . What happened?

Again thank you to the set up crews, R.O.'s, Stats and the people who stayed behind to tear it all down. . . . you did good . . . it was a great match.