Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA 3G Nats...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since the organization that we all pay dues to didn't get a match hotel worked out until the last minute, didn't do self service squading, never published a round count and doesn't have a good track record with 3gun matches then I could have made a mistake by counting the rounds on the match sheet

Since no one from USPSA has commented on my week long post I haven't gone back to check my numbers

Edited by ap3

Well since the organization that we all pay dues to didn't get a match hotel worked out until the last minute, didn't do self service squading, never published a round count and doesn't have a good track record with 3gun matches then I could have made a mistake by counting the rounds on the match sheet

Since no one from USPSA has commented on my week long post I haven't gone back to check my numbers

Historically the USPSA President has never posted here. Phil just got started and I hope he realizes that the communication flow needs fixing. Rather than point out the obvious here. Why not contact Phil and share with him these concerns? It is too late for this year but there is at least a year until the next.

ap3 is close enought.

as per 2012 MG Nationals mail out to entries.

144 rifle

147 pistol

123 birdshot

21 slugs

again, ap3 was close enought to get job done.

We got a mailout?

For those of you who are flying into Vegas, what's your range-cart plans? I won't be able to bring my big 3-gun cart due to luggage restrictions, and I was wondering how ya'all plan on schlepping all your stuff from stage to stage. Just work out of the back of your car and drive from stage to stage?

Hello Razz,

I'm not flying 'cause I live here and shoot DSRPC regularly. My cart doesn't get much use here, even with the congested parking at Nat's. The gravel makes it tough to use carts unless you have really big tires. I usually drive to someplace close to the stages, manage my gear and ammo at the truck and then walk up to the stage with my bagged guns.

One word of warning though, the RO's will enforce the rules for handling firearms at your car. If you need to fiddle with one of your guns, make sure you keep it bagged and take it to a safety area. If you have a cart, it's ok to un-bag at the car and go directly into the cart with your long guns (open bolt and flagged chamber).

Seems like we always get a few unfortunate DQ's for handling firearms in the parking area.

Regards,

CB

Hello Razz,

I'm not flying 'cause I live here and shoot DSRPC regularly. My cart doesn't get much use here, even with the congested parking at Nat's. The gravel makes it tough to use carts unless you have really big tires. I usually drive to someplace close to the stages, manage my gear and ammo at the truck and then walk up to the stage with my bagged guns.

One word of warning though, the RO's will enforce the rules for handling firearms at your car. If you need to fiddle with one of your guns, make sure you keep it bagged and take it to a safety area. If you have a cart, it's ok to un-bag at the car and go directly into the cart with your long guns (open bolt and flagged chamber).

Seems like we always get a few unfortunate DQ's for handling firearms in the parking area.

Regards,

CB

Long overdue for this to be re-visited by USPSA. If you aren't near a safe area, you will hump yer long guns from car to safe area just to unbag and put in yer cart.

Is there a designated place to ship ammo for the match? Or just ship to hotel? Still not looking forward to flying with the guns.

Mike

From the USPSA Nationals Website - http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/

- American Shooters Accepting MG Ammo Shipments

American Shooters, a long time Gold Sponsor for the USPSA Nationals, has graciously offered to continue to accept competitor ammunition for the 2012 DPMS USPSA MultiGun Nationals.

Make sure your box is CLEARLY marked with your name and "MULTIGUN NATIONALS" in legible print in order that your ammo can be easily gotten for you.

Send ammunition to:

American Shooters

3440 Arville Street

(just north of Spring Mountain)

Las Vegas, Nevada 89102

American Shooters will also be providing a free range pass (retail value: $20) to each shooter, so once you've registered feel free to stop in and dial in your gun!

Is there a designated place to ship ammo for the match? Or just ship to hotel? Still not looking forward to flying with the guns.

Mike

From the USPSA Nationals Website - http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/

- American Shooters Accepting MG Ammo Shipments

American Shooters, a long time Gold Sponsor for the USPSA Nationals, has graciously offered to continue to accept competitor ammunition for the 2012 DPMS USPSA MultiGun Nationals.

Make sure your box is CLEARLY marked with your name and "MULTIGUN NATIONALS" in legible print in order that your ammo can be easily gotten for you.

Send ammunition to:

American Shooters

3440 Arville Street

(just north of Spring Mountain)

Las Vegas, Nevada 89102

American Shooters will also be providing a free range pass (retail value: $20) to each shooter, so once you've registered feel free to stop in and dial in your gun!

Thanks I just found it. Amazing what happens when you actually look thru the site.

Mike

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

So if you do NOT have a cart, can you un-case a long gun (with an OBI) at your car and simply carry it to the stage, or would you need to bring the case to a safe area, un-bag (with an OBI) and then bring it to the stage?

Thanks very much for the information.

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

So if you do NOT have a cart, can you un-case a long gun (with an OBI) at your car and simply carry it to the stage, or would you need to bring the case to a safe area, un-bag (with an OBI) and then bring it to the stage?

Dunno what an OBI is, but they have always said uncase in safe area or you are on yer way home.

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

Dunno what an OBI is, but they have always said uncase in safe area or you are on yer way home.

Open Bolt Indicator? I just rechecked the rules and new changes and still looks like no unbagging long guns at the car. In a Safety Area, Staging Area or under RO supervision are the only legal way to unbag guns.

Doug

As far as the round count goes, looking at the posted stages I get the same as "ap3"

Rifle 170

Pistol 167

Shotgun 124

Slugs 21

I just downloaded the stages today to double check. One discrepancy I see is stage 7 lists 6 Larue targets to be engaged from 3 shooting positions. It shows 6 on the diagram and 6 listed in the # of targets, but mentions 5 in the stage procedure and only accounts for 5 in the number of rounds under scoring... still that would only account for 3 more rifle rounds.

It looks like the numbers on the 2012 MG Nationals mail out to entries that "silver star" posted doesn't include stage 11 which has the exact diffrence of 20 handgun and 26 rifle rounds.... so unless they threw the stage out, I'd plan on the higher number.

I initially looked at this thread beauase I was wondering if they were going to bother to Chrono since it's Time Plus scoring, and our prez answered that one for us. Sounds like a great time saver.

After reading the info he posted on shotgun capacity and Tactical starting with 8 in the tube and possibly an empty chamber, empty carrier on an unloaded shotgun start, I went back to look at the stages. The only unloaded start I see is on Stage 3, but it's an unloaded rifle start. For that I got to wondering and it doesn't say in the stage description or not, is it all ammo on belt, or can you stage your start mag on the table with the gun?

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

Open Bolt Indicator? I just rechecked the rules and new changes and still looks like no unbagging long guns at the car. In a Safety Area, Staging Area or under RO supervision are the only legal way to unbag guns.

Doug

This is an issue that drives me nuts

From last years MG Nats: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119338&st=150

"You can unbag anywhere as long as there is a chamber flag. If you are at the staging area you only need an open bolt. The pistol in a holster removed is a no no. Chris H Endersby Area 2 Director L-2678"

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

Doug

From last years MG Nats: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119338&st=150

"You can unbag anywhere as long as there is a chamber flag. If you are at the staging area you only need an open bolt. The pistol in a holster removed is a no no. Chris H Endersby Area 2 Director L-2678"

Be nice if they put it in the rules so there is no question.

Doug

Hello Razz,

Regards,

CB

Doug

Be nice if they put it in the rules so there is no question.

Doug

I agree with Doug on this. There's enough gray here that you might win an arbitration but it's better to avoid to whole process. Keep in mind that in an arb. the only thing you can reliably quote is the rulebook. As for me, I'm gonna be real careful.

I don't see where you are getting no unbagging longguns in the car. The rule is it must be bagged OR have a chamber flag. If it is flagged it can be unbagged (oh I made a rhyme).

I tried to get it in the new rules to be able to pull your holster from the belt or the belt altogether with a pistol in it but was out voted.