Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MCS-T4A-700-DBM-SA-BLK

STIGUY

I was I the process of buying myself an early Christmas gift from Stocky"s Stocks....a Manners T4A. Given that this is Backordered (told 5 mths for delivery), I guess I am planning to order and wait as if I don't, I will NEVER get it. That is, it is somewhat misleading as it is never really stocked item.

The barreled action is a Varmint wigh barrel. Question: would the M25 5r contour work. I only ask this as the Customer Service person indicated that Stocky's had this in the T4 model ready to ship. She indicated that it would work. Given that the future may call for a rebarrel (possibly to a heavier contour) does this make sense? That is....how would this fit...the Varmiint weight barreled action in the M24 contour stock?

If you have any suggestions with respect to this or obtaining this stock/DBZm combo in a more timely manner, plwase let me know.

STB

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it would work, but it will have a noticeable gap bw the barrel and channel. I also considered doing this, and after talking to the lady at stockys and finding out approx how much gap there would be, i decided against it. I cant remember exactly how much gap, but it was too much for me. If you are going to rebarrel, then yes i would really consider it. That being said, the rem varmint contour/medium palma contour are two of the most popular contours out there for a reason. They are heavy enough for good, sustained accuracy, but not near as heavy as an m24 profile. Good luck with your decision.