Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy new coat

I've been wearing this 5.11 for 4-5 years. I almost never need the fleece option inserted, and wear both pieces separate but rarely together. I've even been using the hi-vis vest lately for work - go figure. Any color you want so longs as it is black (or blue).

The shell rocks in bad weather and would likely buy that alone next time.

Pockets galore (too many?)

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Outerwear/Uniform-Jackets/5-in-1-Jacket.html

Bought from a local shop but LAgear, gall's etc likely carry too.

In black it doesn't look leo, important for me as an innocent bystander.

ymmv

eta:

I've been looking at these products recently for photo work without looking like a photo nerd.

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Outback-Jacket.shtml

Edited by -JQ-

I have bought good clothing (including coats) from u.s.cav. great customer service and fast shipping.

I also recomend the Condor 602 summit softshell jacket. Comes in black, tan, od and foliage. I have the foliage, my wife and son liked it so much I got them a tan and black. Very comfortable, light, breathable, waterproof, more pockets than you will ever use and has those cool little ipod cord outlets here and there.

I checked out the Condor 602 as you suggested above. Unfortunately the jacket is backordered at every location that sells it.

Yup, its popular for a reason. Depending on size and color it can be a challenge. US Cav has xl in several colors but Large seems to be in short supply. Some find the sizes run a bit small. I normally wear a large t shirt and jackets a large or xl depending on brand. I wear an xl condor and am 178 lb and 5'10". If that helps.

Carhart.

If you have a fat wallet, look at Fillson.

Maybe Orvis too..

Nothing beats Filson. Period. I have a couple of pieces and wouldn't trade them for the world.

What you spend up front is truly worth it, because the product will last forever!!

J

Carhart.

If you have a fat wallet, look at Fillson.

Maybe Orvis too..

Nothing beats Filson. Period. I have a couple of pieces and wouldn't trade them for the world.

What you spend up front is truly worth it, because the product will last forever!!

J

Kitanica Mark 1 at $495.00 is kinda pricey too. Supposed to be superb quality. Any one ever try one?