Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John "Trapper" Setelin

Mig

Sad news - John "Trapper" Setelin Link

Trapper helped me out in the beginning with gunsmithing and whatnot from his shop, TTi International, in Glen Allen, VA. He served in the Army during the Vietnam War and fought in the Battle of the la Drang Valley. If you read the book "We Were Soldiers Once… And Young" he was mentioned in it.

I'm sorry to see him go.

RIP

Trapper was my first real shooting sponsor and taught me a lot of what I know about building 1911's and AR15's. He was a mentor to me in every sense and supported me throughout my career...even when I moved on to more prominent sponsors. One of Trapper's specialties was refinishing and metal work. To this day, I have not seen a better high polish refinishing job on a pistol than Trappers. He did behind the scenes work in the industry for everyone (Doug Turnbull and Wilson Combat..to name a few.)

As Mig mentioned, Trapper was a United States Army Veteran and participated in the battle of Ia Drang Valley. He was one of those brave soldiers who when outnumbered and overrun, stood tall and held the line to protect his fellow wounded soldiers in the rear area waiting evac.

He was an old school hero and a mentor to me. I will miss him.

Erik