Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swenson Safeties

• 2 months later...

I have Swensons, and you'll spend HOURS fixing and polishing them so they work. It's just not worth it. Mine have yet to break, but Swensons are famous for their lack of durability.

Go to www.1911store.com and order a left and right thumb shields from Brazos and use a regular safety. Then you'll have a setup that's durable. It's what I'm going to do when my Swenson's croak. Maybe sooner. ;)

I said to hell with it and decided to order a set of Swensons from Brownells since they have a no questions asked return policy.

Needless to say, they immediately went back to Brownells, I mean they were pitted BIG TIME and the finish was the worst I have EVER seen on any product. I'd be embarrased to put that part on my pistol, even with ALOT of work.

• 4 years later...
From the posts in this old thread, my impression is that the Swenson safety may have had some quality issues. Have those issues been resolved since the patent expired?

No... Someone (STI? RIA? Anyone?) needs to hurry up and make a better copy of these things at a reasonable price.

IIRC, the patent has been expired for over a year.