Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple of new stages

Mark R

Here's a couple of stages we ran during our last local match. First one is kind of symmetrical and I HATE symmetrical stages, but it was fun. Use a small box in center, else you can see and engage two of the targets that should have been engaged from the planks...dang gamers. EDITED TO ADD: Oh...it's revolver friendly too.

Second stage seemed to get some shooters (me included :wacko: ) confused at the end trying to navigate around the barrels for left and right shots on hidden targets...only engaged from opposite sides.

I have the sketchup files available if anyone wants to modify for your setup.

P30_WalkThePlanksMate.pdf

P27_ScootchAround.pdf

Edited by Mark R

Here's a couple of stages we ran during our last local match. First one is kind of symmetrical and I HATE symmetrical stages, but it was fun. Use a small box in center, else you can see and engage two of the targets that should have been engaged from the planks...dang gamers. EDITED TO ADD: Oh...it's revolver friendly too.

Second stage seemed to get some shooters (me included :wacko: ) confused at the end trying to navigate around the barrels for left and right shots on hidden targets...only engaged from opposite sides.

I have the sketchup files available if anyone wants to modify for your setup.

evil, just evil

Nice job Mark. We'll give them a try here in Arizona. What program are you using? Thanks for sharing!

Thanks...I design in Google Sketchup, export to 2D JPG file, then import picture into Powerpoint for WSB, then export to PDF to send out to my shooters.

Looking at "Walk The Plank Mate", I believe that it is legal for the competitor to also stand on the cross legs. I base this on P1 and P2 is being considered a fault line or shooting box, and P1 and P2 are attached to the cross legs.

10.2.1 A competitor who fires shots while any part of their body is touching the ground or while stepping on an object beyond a Shooting Box or a Fault Line, or who gains support or stability through contact with an object which is wholly beyond and not attached to a Shooting Box or Fault Line, will receive one procedural penalty for each occurrence. However, if the competitor has gained a significant advantage on any target(s) while faulting, the competitor may instead be assessed one procedural penalty for each shot fired at the subject target(s) while faulting. No penalty is assessed if a competitor does not fire any shots while faulting.

Good catch...but my WSB states "...while on the planks..." So I have to ask...what is on the planks? Actually...the only reason for the cross legs was for stability.

FWIW...During our walkthrough, I instructed both squad RO's to state that the Planks were the long 4x4x8's with non-skid tape on them. The 4x4x2' legs did not have any non-skid tape on them. not sure why, but everyone played the rule.

Thanks Skydiver...I accept the critique. :cheers:

Edited by Mark R

Good catch...but my WSB states "...while on the planks..." So I have to ask...what is on the planks? Actually...the only reason for the cross legs was for stability.

FWIW...During our walkthrough, I instructed both squad RO's to state that the Planks were the long 4x4x8's with non-skid tape on them. The 4x4x2' legs did not have any non-skid tape on them. not sure why, but everyone played the rule.

Thanks Skydiver...I accept the critique. :cheers:

I only noticed it because we had a stage a while back where there were fault lines that happened to be touching a wall. Shooters figured out to put their feet on the wall to get a more stable position that also provided a much broader and easier view of the targets. We didn't penalize anybody, but it became a discussion in our match post mortem. We ended up emailing Amidon, and he said that if something was touching the fault line, it was considered "attached" and therefore perfectly legal to use for support.