Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun nationals

does anyone have an idea what we are going to need in the way of ammo for this match? how much pistol? rifle? shotgun? slugs? i have not received any info.

any idea how far we are shooting rifle? also, any truth to the rumor i heard about airlines allowing only two guns for check in? any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

jamie

I know there are 15 stages and 13 are combo. I remember seeing something somewhere about 350-375 rounds, but I am not sure. I am planning on worst case = 150-175 per gun with a margin above that for re-shoots and keeping mags topped up after 10-12 stages.

At least 25-30 slugs is my estimate so I am taking 50+

Make sure that you have a good 200 yard (or similar) zero on your rifle. There will be shooting to at least 275-300 yards and possibly a few more.

Try dropping Monte Leveaux a line if you want to know exactly.

nvwhitewater@charter.net

I hope this helps, see ya there!

--

Regards,

Edited by George

Ammo - With the rules somewhat resolved now, the stage designs are being completed/revised and round counts should be up soon. For rifle rumor is 325, but like George said, have a good solid 200 yard zero and you'll be fine.

Airlines - Depending on the carrier, there are restrictions. American appears to be the worst and Southwest, as usual, the best. You can fly directly into Reno/Tahoe Airport on all major carriers. If you're really concerned about travel, fly to Sacramento, CA and rent a car and drive to Reno. It's about a 1.5 hour drive up the mountain. No problem.

Any questions, contact Monte or myself and I'll do my best to answer.

Rich

Buzzsaw,

... or whoever. If you email Monte on the round count, please post his reply so he doesn't get inundated. Thanks.

From Outerlimits:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...pic=13113&st=15

just got email from monte...he confirms round count to be approx:

148 rifle

129 pistol

123 birdshot

It might have change... :D No slugs?

I am as well going up Thursday morning. I would be glad to help anybody out with ammo hauling. Takin the truck and staying at the match hotel !!! Only a couple of hours away.....

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the match director the the 3G nationals. I have left him several messages on his phone and emailed him and so far he is MIA.

Hi leosniper,

I talked to Monte last Wednesday and he said he would be gone until Monday for the Area1 3 gun match this weekend. Try him Tuesday. I have found 1-4pm best to catch him on the phone.

BTW, He is pretty darned busy these days and if you are looking for info, post your question and we will try and help you out here to help take some of the load off Monte.

--

Regards,

I'm sure you'll get stage descriptions at registration. There is no point in publishing stages before a match other than catering to those that want to practice them (or aspects of them). The most that one could expect is an expectation on the longest rifle shot, or X number of round slug stage. After all aren't we supposed to shoot our matches cold (i.e. no practicing of the stages before hand)?

Rich

After all aren't we supposed to shoot our matches cold (i.e. no practicing of the stages before hand)?

Right with you on that, Rich. I am of the opinion that stage descriptions should never be available until you get to a match, be it a weekend club match, or a 5 day world shoot. Publishing stages just invites practicing them (or something similar anyway) and something about that just doesn’t sit right with me. Erik is right, where does it say they have to be published in advance?

BTW Rich, I am hauling most of our clubs rifle steel up over the hill this weekend to give to Monte for the US3G and was gonna take the chance to get a solid rifle sight in at a private place I have access to east of Reno this Saturday/Sunday. If you (or any other Forum localites) are interested in getting solid dope on 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 hundred yard steel, you are welcome aboard. You can shoot out to 700+ yards at this place. I am gonna get my MOR dope locked in now, not during the first stage of the match :rolleyes:

--

Regards,

BTW, I also got a read from Monte on the number of rounds needed for the MOR match on Wednesday the 23rd. I was told that two of the stages are under ten rounds required (6-8 each) and that the third is maybe 10-12. This may not be right on the money, but it will be close.

I am happy to hear that, as I only have 65 match grade rounds for my MOR rifle without starting a new case prep cycle (I hate that). I figure that might be just enough, if I don’t need any re-shoots :P

--

Regards,

We had two magnitude 4.0 +/- earthquakes on the north shore of Tahoe last week. Hope y'all like shakers

I was working an industrial entertainment show back in the early nineties in Palm Springs in a large ballroom at the Marriott resort when we got hit with a 4.2 earthquake that lasted about 20-30 seconds right in the middle of the opening piece for the event. The cast and producers were from New York and they were scared shjtless after the initial hit and totally freaking over the aftershocks we got over the next few hours. They and most of the crowd weren’t interested in going back into the ballroom again that day so we got the afternoon off.

I have a piece of videotape somewhere where the camera starts shaking all over the place and then slams to the ceiling for a shot of the chandelier’s shaking and dropping little pieces as the camera man abandoned ship and ran for the door. The funny thing was that we had some local IATSE crew backstage sandbagging the call and they both slept through it :D There had been a series of 3.x to 4.x shocks over the last couple weeks and the locals weren’t paying much mind to them anymore unless they got up towards 5 :o

--

Regards,

The stages are now posted

Woohoo! 450 freakin rounds! Now that’s a 3 gun match. 15 stages and not a pistol only one to be seen :o

I hope they are a bit easier than they look

I hope they are even more challenging than they appear to be :P

--

Regards,

Edited by George

Wow Geoff, you're a glutton for punishment, I'm just hoping I can remember what to shoot with which gun!

I thought a lot of them were confusing at first glance, but they really are not memory test stages as much as they are complex stages and that is easier to learn than “memory test” type stuff where you need to use pattern recognition memorization techniques to avoid multiple engagement (i.e. 2001-2002 Vegas US3G stage design style).

Complex, but linear = easier to me. Like I said, I hope the shots are tough too. IMHO, if any of it is easy for me, then it’s way too easy for the guys who are really, really good :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don’t see any stuff in the stage descriptions that worries me as much as what the actual available positions may be when you see the real deal, that’s where I hope it get’s really nasty :o

--

Geoff (a glutton for punishment) Linder