Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top three Favorite 3 gun heroes

Eddie Rhodes- Godfather to all of us "Heavy Metal" fans

Jerry Miculek- Keeps hope alive for all shooters over 40

USMC Sgt James Gill- after losing too many body parts in the sandbox, still competes;asks for no sympathy,gives no quarter!

I am a year into the sport, shooting at my local club's monthly match of 15-20 guys.

In shooting my first large match this past summer (NW Multigun Challenge in Albany OR), my two buddies and I somehow got squadded with Kelly Neal, John Bagakis and Chris Schecitano. They were fun to shoot with and great to be around. All three were more than willing to take the time and help us newbies plan our stage, critique us afterwards, give us tips and tricks along the way and help in any way they could. They also helped settle our nerves by chatting away with us after clearing a stage in half the time it took us to shoot.

Even help mid stage... This is rather emparassing, but one stage started as a retreat stage with pistol, then transfer to rifle and reshoot the stage moving forward. I completed the first half with my pistol, put my pistol in the dump box, picked up my rifle and reached for a mag on my belt not finding one and realizing I had forgotten to bring one. Chris happened to be standing nearby, ran over, pulled a full mag off his belt, handed it to me and yelled "GO GO GO". Everyone got a kick out of that, but they all came over after and told me of similar stories happening to them and reminding me, to use it as a lesson and I'll never make that mistake again.

Kelly Neal, John Bagakis and Chris Schecitano are my Top Three Favorite 3 Gun Heros. I wish them the best of luck and hope I can shoot with them again some day

OK, I'll play. I really look up to a lot of people in the sport, almost everyone that I have met has been good to me and very helpful. I hate to narrow it down to three:

Bruce Piatt- A great ambassador for the sport, true class.

Kurt Miller- Always helpful and sarcasm is just another free service he offers :roflol:

Jeff Cramblitt- He has always had time to help me along.

Jerry Miculek- He doesn't know me, but talks to me like he does any time I see him at a match.

I could go on and on, 3gun has to be filled with the best people of any sport in the world.

Hurley

Edited because I can't spel

Edited by HRider

1)Katie Harris - Very nice young lady.

2)Mr. Daniel Horner - The best 3 gun shooter in the nation.

3)Devin Niederbrach - He picks up dog poop in my back yard..........and he's a good kid.

That's a fine list, Joe!

And three great people for Juniors to look up to.

Tough decision here. I could say my heros of 3G are the guys that helped me get through my first major match- Trapr Swonson, Alan Shepherd, Wish, Hunter, and Andy Horner.

It might me the guys at our local clubs that have always helped push me to shoot better- Steve Griffen, Mike Foley, Ben Fortin, Jeremy Parker, etc.

But, I have to think it's probably those people we see at matches that may or may not even shoot the stages-

1.) ROs. Some of them are guys like Pete Laub and Stefan Wiggins that work multiple majors in a year, others it may be their first time volunteering.

2.) Match Directors- they spend all year planning the event, gathering sponsors, dealing w/ last minute problems (some of which include ACTS OF GOD), and when it's over catch all the heat for what didn't go perfect.

3.) Stats workers- Rarely do they compete, and even after 8 hours of data entry they are still smiling when you have to go in to discuss an error on your scoresheet.

4.) All former, retired, and active duty military shooters. Seeing these guys at matches gives me another opportunity to tell them thanks for their service.

2.) Match Directors- they spend all year planning the event, gathering sponsors, dealing w/ last minute problems (some of which include ACTS OF GOD), and when it's over catch all the heat for what didn't go perfect.

Can I get an AMEN to this post!

AMEN!

I would like to thank the US Army shooting team,Ft Benning bunch,Kyle Lamb and those folks,Michael Voight for bringing it mainstream USPSA.

On a sidenote,the one and only Mickster.I bet he brought in a couple hundred to the sport by himself.

That's easy - cause they deserve it - AMEN!

Since I haven't done much 3-gun for a long time, I'd have to say 3 people that I watched shoot at the SOF matches in the mid80's.

1. John Shaw -- One of the fastest and best shotgunners of the era.

2. Jim Clark, Jr. -- Good overall shooter and always in contention to win at the SOF matches.

3. Jim Wall -- Good shooter and one of the few that could consistantly beat me with a rifle.

Im posting this not because I really care, but because we might as well start listing them now instead of when Jesse thinks of posting a poll.

1. Kurt Miller (because he tells me he's my hero)

2. Jesse T (because he tells me he will one day be my hero)

3. Trapr S.(because he needs someone who thinks he's a hero)

My 3 heroes are

1. Jesse T (because he also keeps telling me one day he will be my hero)

2. Mike Cyrwus (becasue he has hair from head to toe not just on his face)

3. The California Mafia (Chris S.-the ninja, Keith G.-the comedian)

The 3 "put us on the map":

1. Katie Harris

2. Chad Adams

3. Daniel Horner

Edited by ap3

I'm going to chime in here with a wild card entry. Don Alexander is my most rect nominee. I don't even know how much he shoots. So Why should he be a honorable mention?

A few days ago a gentleman posted this request on ENOs Classifieds:

I am mentoring a new junior shooter, close family friend from church and bible study. Have gotten him a ton of great gear donated by some very generous shooters here on Enos and from the local club shooter. I want to get him into a Glock 34 or 17 and figured I would sell some stuff I don't use to raise some money for him. I am also going to front him some funds to make up the difference and let him work it off around the property mucking stalls and doing yard work. I know the asking prices are high, but every penny goes to a gun for a brand new junior shooter and I will pay shipping out of pocket.

To which Mr. Alexander replies:

"How about we do this. I'll trade you one lightly used Glock 17, about 100 rounds through it. You sell the rest of your kit and fund his practice and match ammo with the proceeds of your sale.

Here is what I want in trade; a picture of him shooting it in his first match.

Send me the FFL that you want it sent to and I'll ship it out ASAP.

The young shooters are the future of our sport!"

How cool is this guy!?