Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shooting Challenge 2012

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one special rule to remember: Buck on paper must be no more than 9 pellets for 12ga, 00 or 000 is fine but no more than 9 pellets. for 20ga, #3 buck is the requirement. THATS FOR PAPER!!!!!

Buck on steel, can be any buck!!!!! There will be steel targets that can be shot with buck, you can use heavy birdshot if you like, and the targets will probably fall from a good hit. but the targets on that stage will be "calibrated" with #4 buck.

there will not be a need for "flitecontrol" buck or spreaders or 100yd zeros for your slugs.

All the targets will be able to be shot and fall with a Cyl. bore 18-20"ish barrel shooting 1oz. 8's, or the buck mentioned earlier.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Trapr, I sent my app the end of May. Check hasn't cleared the bank yet. (I swear there's money in there!) Am I in? I know another shooter interested but he won't know until later this week, do you still have slots? Thanks.

Those of you who have not had checks clear, or sent entries in late. Please do not post inquiries here as my ability to check enos is very limited, and your answer may be late. please call me at 512-496-5386, but please do so at reasonable hours like 10am to 10pm CST.

If you sent an entry and your check hasn't cleared then I have not received it, unless your name is J Westerman, he is the last person that I got an entry from and his check is not deposited yet. you can sign up and pay at registration, and we will figure out how to take care of previous payments that were sent. If you have already spoken with me about this then the situation is considered handled.

thanks and I look forward to seeing all your smiling faces, :devil:

Trapr

TACCOM will be there tomorrow afternoon. We'll have one of our ULW 22LR uppers on hand, if any of you RO's wanna play after shooting your match. I should have plenty of ammo with. Just over 3 pounds with a CMORE!!!

As for match day......I think I have enough ammo for my son and I. Did a little shot pattern testing with the 20 gauge. MAN!!!!.....7.5 at 15yds out of full choke is only about 8" max!! And 6's throw a small pattern than that!! Not to be suprised....the buck shot was shooting tight too!

It appears that IM (and maybe IC) is gonna be the choke of choice for us for most stages.....unless we see some suprises!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Ok, so one rule question. Is max capacity 9 rounds or just 9 rounds at start and you can top off to as many rounds as your gun will hold after the buzzer?

I haven't read this years rules but in 2010 I loaded more after the beep.