Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5" Single Stack 1911, .40SW

gunfixer

About to get a .40SW, Single Stack .40 for Limited 10 & IDPA..

Anyone know if it will fit in the USPSA Box w/ a Dawson Ice magwell

and Tripp Cobra 10 round mags w/ aluminum bases, or do I need to stick w/ 9 round mags? :surprise:

I realize the 10's won't do for IDPA (stick out too far I believe..), but the USPSA is more important to me at this point;

I prefer it vastly..

Edited by gunfixer

and Tripp Cobra 10 round mags w/ aluminum bases, or do I need to stick w/ 9 round mags? :surprise:

I realize the 10's won't do for IDPA (stick out too far I believe..), but the USPSA is more important to me at this point;

I prefer it vastly..

you'll want the Tripp System mags that fit the box and yes they will.

I prefer it vastly..

you'll want the Tripp System mags that fit the box and yes they will.

So.. Do you mean these 9 round Tripps or the 10 round?: I want to be certain I can use what I get, and prefer all the same for

both games (IDPA & USPSA) ('Still undecided, but likely will get the 10mm mags..)

Tripp Store

Tripp Store

Definitely their alloy base pads in any case..

I don't know if the Tripp 10 rounders will fit. My assumption is that they won't.

But keep in mind if you plan on shooting major PF in singlestack you can have no more than 8 rounds in the mag anyway.

Personally I would also suggest getting the 10mm mags as that allows you more adjustment for your overall length.

You have to call for the 9rd "System" mags. They arent online.

Pretty sure 10rd mags wont fit either box. I've never seen anyone run 10+1 .40 in IDPA (but i havent seen everything)

Thanks.. What constitutes the difference between Tripp 9 rounders (Likely 10mm for extra length ability..) and the "System" mags please?

I also believe those 10 rounders will stick out too far.. As for the 8 round comment above.., is that not in .45acp? Confusing Sh_t sometimes..! Lol.!

System mags are technically 9rd mags, but longer. Also ask for the Hybrid follower. (its a .45acp follower cut for the 10mm mags).

Tripp and Corey (Steel1212), call them "Corey Mags".

Search Corey's posts.. you'll read a lot about these mags, and getting .40 1911's to run well.

System mags are technically 9rd mags, but longer. Also ask for the Hybrid follower.

(its a .45acp follower cut for the 10mm mags).

Tripp and Corey (Steel1212), call them "Corey Mags".

Search Corey's posts.. you'll read a lot about these mags, and getting .40 1911's to run well.

Remember that in Single Stack in addition to fitting in the box, if you claim major power factor you are limited to 8 in the magazine and one in the chamber after the start signal.

There is no box for L-10 so that is not an issue.

Ah HA..! THAT'S what I've been goofin..! Thanks guys, now I AM on a roll..!

Corey mags w/ hybrid's.. And.. I guess I'll just do SS Major, the heck w/ L-10..!! :cheers:

Now the system mags with the Flex followers will hold 10 rounds and still fit the box but your dancing a fine line of getting 10 rounds and in the mag and having them stacked solid plus still running in the gun. I just use the system mags with hybrid followers that will only hold 9 and for me they run better and in IDPA I just shoot 9+1.

You might check your mag well, first to see if it fits.

My 10 round Tripp mags will not fit in the box. My 8/9 round Tripp mags fit in the box.

System mags are 10 round mags cut down and have the front of the basepad beveled to fit the box though. You get the best of both worlds. A mag that doesn't stack tight, because it has more room in the tube, and still fits the box!