Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate trying to cook without direction

JKSNIPER

My wife is a wizard in the kitchen while I subscribe to the Clint Eastowood philosophy of: " A man's got to know his limitations" and my limitations begin at the doorway to the kitchen.

I always tell people "we work as a team...she makes the food and I eat it."

Now that I'm retired I've been trying to help out more in that area and ...not always successfully.

Now I peeled all the apples (3 bags full) and put them into the slow cooker to make applesauce.

Its been cooking for ..quite a while now.

The wife and daughter and friends left tho go to a spa weekend.

I'm trying to get ahold of her to just ask "How long am I supposed to cook them for and what should I do with them when its done?"

Noones answering their cell phones.

Damm. Guess I'm gonna ruin this batch.

two or three times a year my wife says " you used to cook a lot more before we got married" a few years back I started responding with " I didn't have to work so many hrs before we got married"

:unsure:

"You used to do other things more before we got married too." <_< That would be my answer.

two or three times a year my wife says " you used to cook a lot more before we got married" a few years back I started responding with " I didn't have to work so many hrs before we got married"

:unsure:

"You used to do other things more before we got married too." <_< That would be my answer.

Ding, Ding! :surprise::cheers::roflol::goof:

I won't speak for all women, but a lot of times when I'm making dinner, I don't really want extra hands. I'm in my groove & know what's doing what, when things need ingredients, etc....

But I will never refuse coming home & having a dinner made for me :D