Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jeff Mayo

wgnoyes

Fellow Shooters:

It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Jeff Mayo. Jeff was a great friend to the South River Gun Club USPSA community and helped us with matches over the years. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his brother, Steve, and his wife and children. Please keep them in your prayers. He will be deeply missed. Here is a statement from our friend and his, Bobby Thompson:

Jeff Mayo passed away at his home in Conyers, Georgia, Sunday night from a massive heart attack. There were no previous indications of anything wrong and it was completely unexpected. Jeff LOVED shooting and hunting and fishing. If it involved making things go "bang" or wetting a hook he was all in for it. Steve and I tried to get in touch with some people, but we've basically lost touch with most of the other shooters. Jeff really liked everyone involved with GSSF and USPSA and we had both been talking about getting back to being actively involved again lately. He made a lot of very good friends while shooting the matches at SRGC and CGC and Steve and I wanted to get word out about what happened.

Visitation will be from 6pm to 8pm Wednesday at:

Scott Ward Funeral Home

699 American Legion Road

Conyers, GA 30012

(770) 483-7216

(Off of GA 20/138 [exit 82] approximately 1/2 mile north of I-20, on the left. It's in the large cemetary across the street from Solo plastics/Quicktrip/Sonics)

A Memorial Service will be at the same place at 2:00pm Thursday.

Sincerely,

Bill & Cindy Noyes