Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My best broodmare died

jimstc

We lost our best broodmare and her foal this morning. Life sucks. A beautiful silver buckskin mare and her bay filly were buried on our farm today. The foal never was in position for birthing. This reulted in the mare's uterus being ruptured and the foal was born dead. The Vet did everything he could do but it was too late.

The mare was 10 years old and we have owned her since she was a 4 year old. We miss her.

Sorry, it does break your heart when they die so young. It even breaks your heart when they die and they're old. I used to listen to Pastor Arnold Murray on his Shephard's Chapel bible study program. He answers written letters at the end of each show. One guy wrote to ask if his animals would be there in heaven. The Pastor answered that the bible does not really answer this question.... but he was sure they would because it wouldn't be heaven without them.

I'm very sorry to hear that Jim. I know spoke, as well as thought, very highly of all of your horses and there was no mistaking how proud you were of all of them. Try to relish in the all of the good memories that horse had given you over the years.

Regards,

DP

Sorry to hear it Jim. I dont have horses but any animal you grow attached to will break your heart someday. I have dogs that are my kids.