Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Veterans Day Discounts and Freebies

Trini

Many busi­nesses honor Vet­er­ans and Ser­vice­mem­bers by offer­ing Vet­er­ans Day dis­counts on goods, ser­vices and din­ing. Most busi­nesses require some proof of mil­i­tary ser­vice, this includes a VA Uni­ver­sal Access Card, Mil­i­tary I.D., DD-214 (Dis­charge Papers) or in some cases a pic­ture of the Vet­eran in uni­form. Be aware that not all fran­chise loca­tions par­tic­i­pate in their national chain’s Vet­er­ans Day pro­grams, be sure con­tact your near­est estab­lish­ment to be sure they are par­tic­i­pat­ing.

The fol­low­ing list of 2012 Vet­eran and mil­i­tary dis­counts, Buy One Get One (BOGO) offer­ings, and the offer­ings even include some honest-to-goodness free meals can be found at:

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2011/11/veterans-day-discounts-and-freebies-2012/?ESRC=reservists.

November 3, 2011 • TERRY HOWELL

Edited by Trini

OK. I'll step up.

If there's a vet in Newnan, GA who wants to have a free meal as an appreciation from me for their service, I'm your Huckleberry!

Contact me via PM, email (in my profile), or search me out (my phone number is listed under under my real name -- Mark Ramsey).

I'd be proud to treat you to supper, especially if I could join you.

:bow:

Applesbees in my area is giving free meals to all veterans and active military. :cheers:

I like seeing business step up like this, even if its only one day a year (I'd like to see more-I dont like how everyone jumps up and thanks veterans for one day then forgets about them for the other 364)

I live in a small military retiree town outside an Army base. As a vetran I appreciate these businesses doing this but I am not crazy enough to try and take advantage of them because it is crazy crowded in every place that does. :surprise:

Heck I am always up shooting the Area 2 match on the Vetrans day weekend so it doesn't matter much anyway!

Neal in AZ

I live in a small military retiree town outside an Army base. As a vetran I appreciate these businesses doing this but I am not crazy enough to try and take advantage of them because it is crazy crowded in every place that does. :surprise:

Heck I am always up shooting the Area 2 match on the Vetrans day weekend so it doesn't matter much anyway!

Neal in AZ

AMEN Brother! I fell for the golden corral free lunch just one time. The line was probably several hundred deep out into the parking lot!

Seriously, For Golden Corral! You cna go the day before or after and get all you can eat for what? 6 Bucks?

I appreciate their offer though.

Neal in AZ

AMEN Brother! I fell for the golden corral free lunch just one time. The line was probably several hundred deep out into the parking lot!

Seriously, For Golden Corral! You cna go the day before or after and get all you can eat for what? 6 Bucks?

I appreciate their offer though.

The normal Golden Corral supper is $9.95 without the drink. Hardees has a military ID discount every day, another restaurant in town has a military discount night. The town is home to Malstrom AFB which derives a lot of money from the base so the like to support us. Even the loss of the 45 jobs the base is going to have will have a big effect on the economy. Now if the country would just support the veteran more than one day a year. Maybe like giving the returning Guard and reservists their job back.

//Time to get off the soap box.//