Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are your other hobbies

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used to be heavy into motorsports (motorcycling specifically). did fairly well club racing and hoped to get into nationals as a 'privateer' but that never happened due to injury.

does reloading count as another hobby? lol

does reloading count as another hobby? lol

Reload to shoot or shoot to reload?

I guess that latter probably applies to bench rest rifle shooters. Seems they put more emphasis on crafting the perfect load than on actually pulling the trigger.

Edited by mpolans

Shooting has been my new hobby for the past year 1/2

But Flying model helis/planes has been a passion of mine for the past 24 yrs. I remember when I was 6 and my Papa would bring me to the airplane field. After that I was HOOKED!

Here is are a few videos I've done. Enjoy

Pre war and war time Walther PPs and P.38s.

No helicopters, had enough of that. :)

Sometimes I think my whole life is a hobby! For most of mine, I try to involve my kids. So, there's horse camping and shows, RC truck racing, used to motocross with my son until The Great Crash of 2008, Taekwondo, and, I'm really thinking of building a sailboat. I wanted to try hang gliding but sadly 20 poubds too fat. LOL!

B

Of, and one guilty pleasure, I cannot seem to let go of reading Zombie fiction. I know if I keep reading, at least one book will end well. <_<

• 3 years later...

Puttering with software--lately it's been conditional formulae in Excel. Stuff like that.

I publish a bi-monthly newsletter on behalf of our local legal association chapter, and an associate and I each contribute software tips with each issue.

I have been too sick for my other hobbies of late, but I have had a few over the years. Music ( Electric Bass, Studio recording and live with bands or at church), Hunting everything that walks or flies, 4x4s (both building and wheeling), drag racing cars, road racing bikes, inventing gun parts and other mechanical things, skiing, long range precision shooting, bench rest shooting and the ridiculous reloading techniques that it involves, semi pro football for a short while, exploring old mines......... Now the only hobbies that survive are the ones my kids are into, so I can combine with family time.

Would you believe...shooting, reloading and beekeeping?

I rotate through hobbies that I get overly invested in, every 10 years more or less. Doing 3 at once vs. one at a time is a new thing.

post-47915-0-24668100-1432319727_thumb.j

Edited by Beastly

• 2 weeks later...

Before I started shooting I was able to afford flYing about 120 hrs a year but now I can't afford that hobby anymore. I do love shooting but anytime it comes time for me to re up my flying currancy I get a big grin on my face again. One day I hope to own my own plane.

Would you believe...shooting, reloading and beekeeping?

I rotate through hobbies that I get overly invested in, every 10 years more or less. Doing 3 at once vs. one at a time is a new thing.

Nice to see another beekeeper on here! My wife and I run a small apiary on our property and it's a blast. We'll have to swap notes sometime.

Other than 3-gun/reloading, I do scuba, road biking, hiking, and anything else that gets me away from the computer work I do all day long during the week.

My hobbies outside of shooting/ gun related activities, would be playing music (guitar/bass), drinking good beer, and smoking cigars (yes its a hobby if you spend money on it). I also used to autocross, but the cars have all gone away for now; wouldn't mind getting back into it now though since they built a new motor sports park down near the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY.

• 6 months later...

Not sure where to post or ask but I have two old RC cars. A turbo optima and a turbo Optima mid SE. More of part cars but could run without a bunch of work . I Have a bunch of spare parts and set of new tires . Batteries are probably toast and servos would need to be changed . Is there a market for these and if so whats its worth? Got a couple of picks c44416041b1cc1a2e9d3e0779e4db39b.jpg

92775cfd932e331e79ce2ac3259e222b.jpg

1abf508fdc4f9302bc021190c2a082f2.jpg

7d5fc44ae8f65d17cf41ffd215d3e7f3.jpg

0d5e4cdd7e45b5833aa5c91542c0388f.jpg

Anyway thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk