Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back Surgey

jrb06

Well its been a week and a half since my third back surgey for herniated disk/pinching a nerve. Had two 17 years ago 4 months apart and just had third one on the 20th of Oct. Recovery is quicker this time as in the form of less muscle spasams and pain. Plan is to go do some standing shooting this week just to prove a point to myself and spend the winter doing a lot of dry firing. I want to take this situation and turn it into a motivator to make me want to practice and not let it slide.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel for you. I've had three back surgeries since 2001 and the bottom three limbar discs have been removed and replaced with carbon fiber implants. I have a large amount of screws, brackets and rods in my back that are a hoot in airports. considering how bad my back was, I am doing pretty good for an old, fat, slow guy.

I too feel your pain. I've had a couple low back surgeries and am putting off the fusion for as long as I can. Just make sure you don't over do it in recovery. You know its going to take time. Hopefully you have someone to shovel your driveway...the white death will be falling soon! One of the reasons I fled from WI a couple years ago.