Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3G1 vs Stag 3G

fastarget

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So it turns out my new dentist is also a FFL holding gun dealer! And when I went into his office he had a copy of Shooting Times with the Stag 3G on the cover. So I asked him if he'd get me pricing availability on a 3G for me - all of his distributors are out of stock :( I hope that Stag ramps production on these. I'm sure they're all out of stock because of how great a value these guns appear to be.

~Mitch

My local shop has one. I played with it seems very nice. It was my first time trying 3G triger I personally like JP better . Besides that very nice rifle. If any one needs one I can give you shops info. Stag is in there back yard (literally ) they have a very close relationship with stag and can get things much faster then most. Also very fair pricing.

Here is their link http://www.jojosgunworks.com/ Just tell them Vladimir sent you. that may or may not help LOL

Edited by 1911vm

I finally got my hands on one today.

I am very impressed for an off the shelf gun. I would only change 3 things on the gun (2 are very minor)

1. Some kind of larger charging handle latch anything is better than GI here.

2. an MOE trigger guard (my inner gun ricer) it just looks NICER.

3. I wish the barrel had a thinner profile, even with the heavier NY compliant fixed stock the gun felt much more front heavy than my turned down mk12 barrel.

Loved the trigger, I will be adding one to my gun before the season starts this year.

Over all very nice pkg for an off the shelf gun.

Edited by bpipe95

Just asked my local dealer to but iin an order for the Stag Arms 3G.

A couple questions: Is the promo code JT0608 still good and does it cover a complete rifle? Also any particulars on breaking in the gun?

That promo code is only good on The Stag Arns website as fat as I know. Your dealer may be able to use it for you though. I'm not completely sure. U might need to call Stag to inquire on that.

You can read for days about proper barrel break in procedures. I am not an expert on that or anything else for that matter.

Just asked my local dealer to but in an order for the Stag Arms 3G.

A couple questions: Is the promo code JT0608 still good and does it cover a complete rifle? Also any particulars on breaking in the gun?

That promo code is only good on The Stag Arns website as fat as I know. Your dealer may be able to use it for you though. I'm not completely sure. U might need to call Stag to inquire on that.

You can read for days about proper barrel break in procedures. I am not an expert on that or anything else for that matter.

Thanks Jesse.

For the guys who have the Stag 3G, did you have to modify your weak hand grip on the handguard? The reason I ask is that the rail on the top of the Sampson would seem to get in the way. The 3G1 has the V-TAC so there should not be an issue about it. Thanks...

Edited by gng4life

I have not had to modify my support hand placement due to the integral top rail. I really like the shape and diameter of the Samson Evolution Handguard and am adding them to most of my rifles.

Kalani

Thanks for the input. It seems the Stag is the winner for me, I'll know soon when I get it in :)

Just wondering how effective the comp is since it's a new design...

For the guys who have the Stag 3G, did you have to modify your weak hand grip on the handguard? The reason I ask is that the rail on the top of the Sampson would seem to get in the way. The 3G1 has the V-TAC so there should not be an issue about it. Thanks...

I guess that depends on how you hold the forearm. My thumb sits nicely in between the top rail and the cylindrical part of the tube. I didn't notices any difference from my VTAC, PRI, or LOKI tubes.

Thanks Jesse and Kalani. That makes me feel a little better since I was worried about it. I have a V-Tac on my current rifle and like the smooth top where my thumb wraps around. It seems like the top rail would get in the way or feel awkward as your thumb may get caught on the rail, or slip off the rail, crushed by the ledge of the rail, etc.

I will be at the range this Saturday with it so I'll see how I do with it. Thanks again for the input and help!