Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3G1 vs Stag 3G

fastarget

You have your opinion and I will keep mine if you do not mind. The ineffective and flawed comp ruined and otherwise pleasant experience of shooting an excellent rifle.The overwhelming consensus opinion is that the Stag 3 Gun Super Comp is ineffective and flawed.You can read on different forums how customers are dissatisfied with the Stag Arms 3 Gun Super Comp. It is not a secret nor my opinion alone. And I think that a company should stand behind what it sells. I definitely choose not to do business with a company that does not stand behind what it sells. All this being said I made it clear that all indications are that Stag Arms does stand behind its products and is going to do the right thing and replace the defective product.And as soon as they do I will be the first one to write about it. But until they replace the original Stag Arms 3 Gun Super Comp I will be one unhappy customer.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you are really trying hard to get this thread as a top listed result on Google when someone Googles stag or the comp, huh?

It came free on a FACTORY rifle. It's not like you are in a AWB state and are stuck with it being pinned on. If you dislike it, take it off sell it and buy something you know you like. Comps are like triggers what some people love others hate, no large production facility is going to have a brake that everyone loves. They install a feasible solution that will get the job done. If you wanted something tailored to your every need you should have bought a custom gun.

Edited by bpipe95

Nothing is free when you pay almost $ 1,500. Other than what I payed for the rifle I have no financial interest but it sounds as if you possibly do. It is what it is and we have to agree to disagree..... I will definitely replace the comp. I have several AR's with different comps. It is such an excellent rifle that it is worth the time and expense of replacing the comp. The point that I have been trying to make is that the comp as it is takes away from the overall product. Other manufacturers selling 3 gun AR's provide effective comps with their rifles. I would have payed more than what I payed for the rifle for it to bring an effective comp. And when Stag Arms makes needed changes it will be a no brainer that it's be the best 3 gun AR in the price range. I am a Stag Arms fan and this should be taken as constructive criticism !

Edited by Puma

I don't have a dog in this fight (I have a 3G upper, and am *not* unhappy with the comp), but...

...it seems odd to me that you would send a product back to the manufacturer and expect that they would resolve your issue by putting some *other* manufacturer's product on theirs. Kinda like buying a Ford, deciding it is too gutless, taking it back to the dealer and insisting that they replace the ford motor with a chevy. Or something.

I agree that it is totally your right to dislike the comp. I just don't see how it makes sense to believe that stag is somehow obligated to replace it with a 3rd-party comp.

The Stag Arms 3 Gun rifle is a great rifle. Its trigger is second to none. I also removed the Stag Arms Super Comp and temporarily installed a Titan and what an experience. Granted the Titan is uncomfortably noisy and its gases hit shooters standing near you in the face but it is effective in controlling felt & lift recoil. I was told by Stag Arms' customer service that they have fixed their comp and the new one is effective etc.

The point that I have been trying to make is that Stag Arms should do whatever it takes to produce an effective compensator for their 3 gun AR-15. And I have faith in Stag Arms and believe that this is what they have done for it would be a crime to market such an excellent rifle with an ineffective comp. Once they come out with the new comp on the rifle the package will be so good for the price that no other rifle will be competitive.

Edited by Puma

Jakers, Stag Arms by all indications is a reputable company. There is something called an implied warranty where a company has an inherited responsibility for the usefulness of its products. But anyway the argument that you are trying to present for the sake of argument is not applicable. Stag Arms stands behind their product period.

Edited by Puma

The only rifle I’ve had that I kept the original comp on was a clark custom which had a miculek comp. That comp worked great so I left it on. The Cooley comp that came on my JP I didn’t like too much so I put on an arredondo and now it’s great. Ideally these rifles would come threaded but no comp so people can put on what they want. Same reason they don’t ship with sights, everyone likes something different. I’m sure the stag comp didn’t drive the price up to much so replacing it shouldn’t be a big deal if you don’t like it.

There is something called an implied warranty where a company has an inherited responsibility for the usefulness of its products.

I don't mean this disrespectfully, but... that's just not right. "implied warranty" means that a company stands behind the premise that its product can be used for its intended purpose. In this case, there's no question that your rifle can be used for the intended purpose. You just don't *like* (subjectively) the way the comp performs.

You bought the rifle based on its spec. They delivered the rifle matching that spec. While I'm sure they are a great company and will do everything they can to make it right, I don't see that they have an obligation to go out and buy some other comp for you simply because you don't like the one that came with the rifle you ordered. They may, as an option, allow you to return the whole rifle for a refund. But they *meet* their implied warranty when the gun goes bang.

Just my two cents.

The only rifle I’ve had that I kept the original comp on was a clark custom which had a miculek comp. That comp worked great so I left it on. The Cooley comp that came on my JP I didn’t like too much so I put on an arredondo and now it’s great. Ideally these rifles would come threaded but no comp so people can put on what they want. Same reason they don’t ship with sights, everyone likes something different. I’m sure the stag comp didn’t drive the price up to much so replacing it shouldn’t be a big deal if you don’t like it.

Good point!

Its no big deal.....I am replacing the comp ! Geeeeezzz, sorry I stepped on to the toes of those having a fenancial interest in Stag Arms. I was only expressing my objective opinion. With that being said, the original comp does not work for everyone, including an expert writer for a national publicatinon cannot be wrong. Why is it that Stag Arms 3 Gun members use comps other than the Stag Arms 3 G Super Comp ? Have you asked yourself this question. You cannot argue with facts.

Point that I was previously trying to make was that it would be beneficial for Stag Arms to provide a comp comparable in quality to its rifle. It would make it a much more attractive package to the educated consumer. For example the Mculek comp is provided by DPMS on their Panther 3 gun rifle. This comp you can buy for only $ 29.00.

The Stag Arms 3 Gun rifle is excellent. In my opinion it is better than the DPMS as it is. I am glad that I bought it !

Ending this thread .............

I bought a Glock knowing I'd want to replace the trigger. I bought the 3G knowing the comp would suck and ordered a comp the same day I ordered the upper. No biggie. Changes are gonna be made to our toys. No sense in getting all worked up over it.

I'd be interested in a 3G left-hand upper but looks like Stag only sells the complete rifle.

I'd be interested in an upper, too.

I'm curious - what's the difference between the 3G and 3GL?

post-4855-0-68451000-1321487064_thumb.jp

3GL left hand ejection port. Set up for those among us that are saddled with the burden of left handedness.

the 3gl has a left side ejection port?? wow thats cool. are the buttons(mag and bolt release) on the lefties side too??

I think i will buy this rifle if it is..

thanks

I'd be interested in a 3G left-hand upper but looks like Stag only sells the complete rifle.

I'd be interested in an upper, too.

I'm curious - what's the difference between the 3G and 3GL?

post-4855-0-68451000-1321487064_thumb.jp

3GL left hand ejection port. Set up for those among us that are saddled with the burden of left handedness.

the 3gl has a left side ejection port?? wow thats cool. are the buttons(mag and bolt release) on the lefties side too??

I think i will buy this rifle if it is..

thanks

I'm told they only put the ambi safety on the gun because everyone has there own preference on the other lefty friendly niceties.

Much like those tactical charging handles. Everybody likes something different so going basic and cheap saves the buyer money in the long run when they replace it.

When is the 3G 308 coming out?

They were taking about T&E upper and lower recirver parts at SHOT. I doubt the first production model will be a .308G though. I would guess it will be a direct competitor for the DPMS entry level .308. They hoped to have production guns out later this year.

Mculek comp for $29.00.... I want one ... show me were to buy... or are you?????... BS'in...

I was curious too and found it at cheaper than dirt. I tried to share the link, but my post count is too low.

Mculek comp for $29.00.... I want one ... show me were to buy... or are you?????... BS'in...

I was curious too and found it at cheaper than dirt. I tried to share the link, but my post count is too low.

I checked... thanks, good for the $$$$$ !!

It pushes the barrel down and to the right making the rifle difficult to control. This comp is simply not effective in reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise.

If it pushes the barrel down, how is that not "effective" in reducing muzzle rise? If anything, your complaint is that it is too effective.

Finally! Got to shoot my 3G this past weekend and I have to concure with the opinions about the comp. Mine did indeed push the barrel down. I was also able to shoot a Rock River with a stock A2 flashhider and found it to be just a little more comfortable in making fast follow-ups. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my 3G! But I will also be replacing the comp and soon.

Great article in Front Sight magazine about the Stag Arms 3G Competition Rifle.............and the compensator. They also agree that the comp pushes the barrel down. They say that the comp is too effective. But then again we already knew this so why beat a dead animal.

Still the Stag Arms 3G rifle is an excellent rifle. Change the comp and you have an outstanding rifle. I think that its the very best rifle in its price category.

Edited by Puma

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know which sling-stud will work on the 3G's handguard? It looks like it requires a long shaft and a very thin backing plate?

Samson makes a QD sling mount specifically for the Evo rail. It includes 2 screws and the backing plate.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/product/QD_Mounting_Kit.html

Edited by Bryan 45