Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help w/ a scope: Vortex Optics

Ok I just bought a Noveske rifle for 3-gun and am really having a hard time with scopes. The more I read, the more confused I get. What I am looking at is the vortex line. I can't afford the razor, but what is the difference between the viper pst and hs?

Also I received a larue 45 degree red dot mount for the Aimpoint t1 micro. I am really having a hard time spending that much money for a close up red dot. Will the Vortex Sparc work with the same mount? someone told me they would. Any info on the sparc?

Thanks,

Shawn G.

The difference is in the turrets. The PST has externally adjustable turrets, and the HS does not. They both have the same TMCQ reticle. The mil or moa holdovers (depending on which one you get) are a little on the fine side, but the glass is very nice. It is also very very close to a true 1x, so it works very well on short range stuff, too.

If you are looking at the Vortex line the HS is a better choice because it has covered turrets. I have the PST and it has been great but the turrets have a funny way of adjusting themselves. The Sparc will not fit on the T1 mount. They are not even close to the same thing.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...