Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When not to listen to others!

lugnut

That same guy I mentioned ? XXX?

One time we're going to the range and he's all wrapped up around the axel about out shooting another guy.

I tell him "Relax. You usually DO shoot way better than that guy so just do what you normally do and you'll be fine."

Does he listen?

Nope.

The entire time on the range he's trying to see what the other guy is doing while he's trying to shoot at the same time.

The other guy?

Was totally unaware of this "fixation" on his shooting and as a result he fired an almost perfect score while XXX shot the worst I had ever seen.

JK

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff

Play your game at your speed.

Excellent summation! I learned this lesson Sunday. You can game a stage, but don't try and game your game. Just shoot your match at your speed. Hurrying, and worrying will never suit you well.

The problem that I see, is overcomming the sub conscience absorbing what the other person says. Your conscience mind can tell yourself I am going to shoot this stage the way i normally do, or I am just going to shoot my game. But, when the buzzer goes off we are just doing what is programmed, and are sub conscience mind is mostly in control. When we bring consciene thought to our shooting, we tend to be slower.

The problem that I see, is overcomming the sub conscience absorbing what the other person says. Your conscience mind can tell yourself I am going to shoot this stage the way i normally do, or I am just going to shoot my game. But, when the buzzer goes off we are just doing what is programmed, and are sub conscience mind is mostly in control. When we bring consciene thought to our shooting, we tend to be slower.

Exactly!! Trying to force yourself to ignore something or do it the way I had intended to do isn't ideal. Finding a way to not let these external comments, images or ideas in our head is paramount.

This is so important at all levels of shooing IMO.

wait a second...this thread isnt spawned from the wrong time i gave on the all steel stage back in aug is it? hey, i really did have the L10 time mixed up with the Production. but if its gonna get in your head then im gonna find you talk about every stage, hey i need all the help i can get. :devil:

LOL!! No this isn't why I started the thread but I do remember your "bad data"!!! Now that I know your plan it won't work though! I'll just ignore you and hope your CZ breaks in the middle of your stage! roflol.gif

All kidding aside, you do real well on steel... but you need to work harder now... because I'm training harder. laugh.gif

Edited by lugnut