Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ambi Bolt Release for Small-Handed Shooter

Duane Thomas

I recently had a rifle built up for a woman who fires from the left shoulder. I went for a Troy ambi bolt release, but in use I find the reach to the lever is so long that, while it's workable for me, I'm certain the woman, given her small hands and short fingers, would not be able to even reach the unit with her left index finger. Can anyone recommend an ambi bolt release that would be more small hand friendly? I am not interested in the BAD unit since I'm not a fan of anything requiring you to stick your finger inside the trigger guard during a reload.

I have a left handed friend who has all the same issues as your friend and we are both now waiting on the same rifle to come into production. Him for the ambi controls and me because it intrigues me. The Next Generation Arms X8. The bad news is you already built a rifle and the rest of the bad news is the X8 isn't available to the public yet. Other then the wait and having to sell the old rifle I think it may end up being perfect for her. At least worth keeping an eye on.... Best of luck.