Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dogleg

bbbean

Barrels soft cover? If not you'll have some REF when somebody shoots throughthe barrel and hits the popper

Yes, barrels are softcover, but since the popper activates the drop turner, I can't imagine many people would shoot it though the middle.

BB

Barrels soft cover? If not you'll have some REF when somebody shoots throughthe barrel and hits the popper

Yes, barrels are softcover, but since the popper activates the drop turner, I can't imagine many people would shoot it though the middle.

BB

If the drop turner is a NPM and all that is needed is activation to avoid the FTE procedural and misses, then it's one less position to stop at to shoot. It maybe worth the HF.

And the more I look at it, the more it looks tempting, because I won't have to hit slide lock if shooting Production or L10.

Edited by Skydiver

If the drop turner is a NPM and all that is needed is activation to avoid the FTE procedural and misses, then it's one less position to stop at to shoot. It maybe worth the HF.

And the more I look at it, the more it looks tempting, because I won't have to hit slide lock if shooting Production or L10.

I tried to build in some options!

Edited by bbbean

I tied to build in some options!

Yup, the options look great and make people assess their abilities and weight risk vs reward. For Single Stack Major, I see an easy and fast 4-6-7-8-4 series. The 7 gives 2 extra shots available for those tiny plates or to throw at the the DT if they wish to get sucked into the slit. :-)

I just realized... if the barrels are soft cover, unless the drop turn finishes it's movement with the target facing downrange, then it won't be a NPM because it should be available by going back to the starting port.

I just realized... if the barrels are soft cover, unless the drop turn finishes it's movement with the target facing downrange, then it won't be a NPM because it should be available by going back to the starting port.

That's a valid point. So maybe I'll go back to hard cover barrels, or staple a no shoot on the barrel. As a general rule, I prefer barrels to be soft cover so we can avoid debate over whether a given hit was through hard cover or not.

BB

I like it. I can't tell from the angles, but is there any incentive to move down the last wall after the left-hand turn? It seems like once the shooter gets to the corner, the final six targets are available.

There's also a half target that is only accessible through the barrel. But the only reason to move down that wall is to get a closer shot on the far targets or through the barrel.I suspect, however, that SS, Revolver, and Production shooters will want to move down the wall as they do their last reload. Lim and Open shooters have the option to shoot from the corner. I wanted shooters to have a choice between standing in place or shooting on the move and getting closer shots.

BB

post-14972-0-76280000-1319496868_thumb.j

FWIW, the picture doesn't make this clear, but there will be a steel DQ line, warnings in the WSB, and the back fault line and barrel will insure that steel is only available through the gap between the middle walls or around the left side of the middle wall.

BB

• 3 months later...

Interesting, the shooter is now really sucked into going down the alley at the end.

I'm curious about the addition of the barrels for the middle section... It seems to me, now, there is only one way to shoot the CoF. Your original design left options open for where and when to engage those targets. Was there a safety concern or a potential scoring issue?

Interesting, the shooter is now really sucked into going down the alley at the end.

I'm curious about the addition of the barrels for the middle section... It seems to me, now, there is only one way to shoot the CoF. Your original design left options open for where and when to engage those targets. Was there a safety concern or a potential scoring issue?

I doubled the barrel on PP2, because I didn't want to have reshoots due to hard cover, and I didn't want to make the barrels soft cover. The barrels by PP3 were to block splatter.

You have to take PP2 from the corner, but the rest of the targets can be taken from the corner or the port between walls. PP3 is a tight shot from the corner if you want to shoot all the back targets from there.

BB

I doubled the barrel on PP2, because I didn't want to have reshoots due to hard cover, and I didn't want to make the barrels soft cover. The barrels by PP3 were to block splatter.

You have to take PP2 from the corner, but the rest of the targets can be taken from the corner or the port between walls. PP3 is a tight shot from the corner if you want to shoot all the back targets from there.

BB

Yes, but by forcing taking PP2 from the corner, you now take away the option of skipping the corner and going straight for the port. If the shooter needs to the go to the corner, they may as well go shoot PP1 and DT1 while they are there. (I'm assuming that PP1 activate DT1.)

I do see your point about stage management preventing the reshoots due to hard cover and and preventing splatter.

Any which way, nice stage! I hope you get your CRO rating soon!

Edited by Skydiver

Yes, but by forcing taking PP2 from the corner, you now take away the option of skipping the corner and going straight for the port. If the shooter needs to the go to the corner, they may as well go shoot PP1 and DT1 while they are there. (I'm assuming that PP1 activate DT1.)

I do see your point about stage management preventing the reshoots due to hard cover and and preventing splatter.

Any which way, nice stage! I hope you get your CRO rating soon!

Feel free to run it either way. laugh.gif The CRO class is finished, so I'm just waiting on the paperwork from HQ. I've been assured that chicks dig CROs, so I guess it'll be official when I start drawing groupies instead of flies.