Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockmeister G349 Trigger Spring

Duane Thomas

Hey guys, I've done a search and can't find a thread that specifically addresses my question. Can anyone share with me their experiences with the Glockmeister G349 "Competition Trigger Spring"? Does it really provide the stated "up to half pound" trigger weight reduction? How is it for durability versus the currently stock battleship gray spring? Breakage rate, etc.?

Duane, I have had one in my G35 now for sometime and its ok. I will say it made the trigger feel real snappy till I got used to it. If it does break I will just go back to the Glock one though. I stuck one in a friends G19 and he wasnt impressed at all with it. He claimed it made the trigger feel to stiff.

Duane,

I have one of the springs in my gen 4 G19 that has ran over 8k live fire since May 2011 and god only knows how many dry fire cycles. No breakage.

I also have one in my Gen 4 G17 and it has repeated its performance as far as durability goes but this particular gun has almost no rounds on it.

It does make the trigger press a little lighter but i havent actually measured it. One thing i will say is that with certain spring combos im running into issues with the trigger not resetting all the way forward ie disabling the trigger safety.

My reset on both guns is still tactile and forceful.

Its a cheap part so giving it a whirl wont break the bank.

Kyle, I was looking forward to hearing from you on this, since I remembered you as using the Glockmeister trigger spring. What was your replacement schedule like? I'm pretty religious about replacing my trigger springs every 5k rounds (with the requisite hundreds of thousands of dry fires that take place during that time also, natch). Actually the only time I've ever broken a trigger spring in a Glock was when I let someone convince me that every 5k was overkill, I should let it go 10k. Around the 8k mark, sure enough....