Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the scoring the same? Two anywhere or 1 alpha?

From the Ironman website.

7.4 Heavy Optics - Rifle

7.4.1 Competitor will shoot the same handgun and shotgun as listed above but with a .30 cal or larger scoped rifle. (see Rule 5.4)

-Heavy Optics - Exactly the same as Scoped Tactical, but you have to use a .30 cal or larger rifle.

8.1 Scoring per stage will be straight time with bonus' for accuracy.

8.1.1 Any IPSC cardboard target, designated as a "shoot" target must have either one (1) "A" hit OR two (2) hits anywhere inside the scoring perforations on the target (i.e. minimum 2 "D" hits) to avoid a penalty.

8.1.2 Example of scoring and penalties on paper targets:

One "A" zone hit = no penalty

Two hits in any combination "B, C or D" = no penalty

One C or D hit only = 5 second penalty

No hits on target but target was engaged = 10 seconds penalty

Target Not Engaged (TNE)= 10 seconds penalty for not making the minimum two hits anywhere on the target plus 5 seconds, per target, for the TNE PROCEDURAL for a total penalty of 20 seconds per target added to time.

So the short answer is yes. And yes, you can use a 9mm handgun and Semi-auto shotgun.

Travis,

Sent a Q on the ironman homepage, but haven't received word yet...I'm looking at taking the sponsor spot for Brownells since Larry can't attend, but I would like to know if I can shoot 5.45x39 and meet mins or if not, if 7.62x39 is considered heavy. All I saw was categorization by diameter on the site, so I was looking for some clarification...it wouldn't be the first time reading something wrong.

In either cal, it would be hornady ammo with no steel in the projectile.

send me an e mail. travis@mgmtargets.com

Adios,

TG

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at the stages....... again, and I noticed that there is a note that Stage 4 has been deleted. Does this mean that there will not be a zip line stage? And if they do have a zip line stage will it be $15,000??? Must have had a good turn out for the test registration.

That went fast! Filled up in 8 minutes, trooper at least. Not sure if that is 65 total or for the division.

I got my application for an Open slot submitted within the first 60 seconds. It did not indicate I was on a wait list so I am hoping that was good enough.

Just curious, how did you know it was full?

Thanks,

Allen

Edited by TGibe

I registered for both limited and tac ops...the count was only about 30 something after it went through and i went back to the registration page to see if it was full (so Im presuming it wasnt full yet, it hit 68 and got full about 3 minutes later) However, the email confirmation still says you wont know if you're on the wait list or IN, til 7 days from now. So im thinking..if I send my payment for tacops, then later find out i was just on the waiting list and gave up my slot for limited.. im screwed! what to do???

Webpage shows, capacity and registered. Waitlist after 68, I guess. If you are waitlisted your reg fee will be refunded, so if your card got card it looks like you are gtg.

http://www.mgmironman.com/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=category&Itemid=86

That went fast! Filled up in 8 minutes, trooper at least. Not sure if that is 65 total or for the division.

I got my application for an Open slot submitted within the first 60 seconds. It did not indicate I was on a wait list so I am hoping that was good enough.

Just curious, how did you know it was full?

Thanks,

Allen

Webpage shows, capacity and registered. Waitlist after 68, I guess. If you are waitlisted your reg fee will be refunded, so if your card got card it looks like you are gtg.

http://www.mgmironman.com/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=category&Itemid=86

OK. I see that now, but I never went back to the page after I got the confirmation webpage (and confirmation email). I probably should have done that.

I show a charge on my card so I am probably good to go.

Thanks!

:angry::angry::angry: I didn't get off of work till after the registration open. I couldn't believe it sold out already. So I'll be on the waiting list for trooper, probably a good thing... I wasn't a 100% sure if i would be able to make this match anyways.. but still! :angry:

I show a charge on my card so I am probably good to go.

Not to bust any bubbles, but assumption is the mother of all evil.

Note the fine print in the post registration emails:

"You will receive a confirmation email within 7 days confirming your participation or placement on the waiting list. If placed on the waiting list your money will be refunded immediately."

Shot all the matches since 2005 and didn't make it on the list, don't know what I did to pissoff MGM.

If you shot all matches since 2005 wouldnt that entitle you to the preregistration? I thought the Preregistration was for people that have shot the match 5 or more times or the last two consecutive matches.

Shot all the matches since 2005 and didn't make it on the list, don't know what I did to pissoff MGM.

HAHA!! If you pissed me off, you'd know it because I'd come up with something a lot better than not letting you into the match!! :goof:

I've been out of town since the middle of Novemeber. I know that isn't a good excuse, but I did my very best to make sure all of the updates were on the website, including the preregistration for shooters that had shot the match the previous two years or 5 years total. Not sure what else I should have done. The entire reason for doing the registration on line was to remove any hint of favoratism.

Just so everyone out there knows it, I HATE THIS MATCH!

IT IS A COMPLETE MONEY LOOSER FOR MGM DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE IS SO MUCH SHOOTING, WE ARE LIMITED TO HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS WE CAN TAKE.

IT IS A COMPLETE DRAIN OF MGM'S EMPLOYEES TIME.

I ALWAYS SHOOT LIKE $H!T AT THE MATCH BECAUSE I'M SO FREAKIN' TIRED FROM BEING OUT THERE FOR THE PREVIOUS WEEK AND HALF SETTING UP.

I'VE SPENT MY BIRTHDAY AT THE RANGE FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS.

Just so you know, my fun meter is about pegged. I'd actually considered this being the last year. Maybe it will be. :eatdrink:

HAHA!! If you pissed me off, you'd know it because I'd come up with something a lot better than not letting you into the match!! :goof:

I've been out of town since the middle of Novemeber. I know that isn't a good excuse, but I did my very best to make sure all of the updates were on the website, including the preregistration for shooters that had shot the match the previous two years or 5 years total. Not sure what else I should have done. The entire reason for doing the registration on line was to remove any hint of favoratism.

Just so everyone out there knows it, I HATE THIS MATCH!

IT IS A COMPLETE MONEY LOOSER FOR MGM DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE IS SO MUCH SHOOTING, WE ARE LIMITED TO HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS WE CAN TAKE.

IT IS A COMPLETE DRAIN OF MGM'S EMPLOYEES TIME.

I ALWAYS SHOOT LIKE $H!T AT THE MATCH BECAUSE I'M SO FREAKIN' TIRED FROM BEING OUT THERE FOR THE PREVIOUS WEEK AND HALF SETTING UP.

I'VE SPENT MY BIRTHDAY AT THE RANGE FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS.

Just so you know, my fun meter is about pegged. I'd actually considered this being the last year. Maybe it will be. :eatdrink:

I know the feeling and you have been running matches a lot longer than I have but I figure that this is the price we pay to walk up to other matches and just shoot. I waited too long to register for Ironman this year but that's my problem and not your fault. Like I told Scott before we took over the Northwest Multigun Challenge, if people don't go to the trouble to set up matches where will we shoot?

This should be a wake up call for all the people that shoot matches but don't help at any. Every shooter needs to help with at least one big match per year to take the stress off the other people that do more than their share. If we not we risk losing the matches that we like the best.

Thanks for all your hard work and Happy Birthday(a little early)!

Doug

This should be a wake up call for all the people that shoot matches but don't help at any. Every shooter needs to help with at least one big match per year to take the stress off the other people that do more than their share. If we not we risk losing the matches that we like the best.

Well said Doug, There are plenty of people out there who don't give back and they might need a little reminder. :devil:

Travis, hang in there. Lots of folks appreciate everything and no one wants to see a match go away.

Steve