Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide rackers that fit in a Sidewinder dovetail

blaster113

Tried the search function but couldnt find what I was looking for. Currently have a Sidewinder XL slide racker on my Open gun, along with a Quinn 90 degree mount and a thumbrest bolted to the scope mount. Been having problems with my thumb getting hit by the racker when I dont have a good grip (I know, need to dryfire more). Also with the addition of the thumb rest I now have a lot of stuff hanging off the left side of the gun. I like the thumbrest so I'm going to keep that for now. I'm looking to replace the sidewinder with something short that hangs off the right side. I looked at a couple but haven't found any information on dovetail sizes so I dont know what will fit and what wont. Specifically looking at the ones from Predator Tactical and SVI, but dont know if they will fit without further modifications. The slide is hard chromed so more cutting is out of the question for now.

I'm so irritated that I'm thinking of not using a slide racker already but it makes it so much easier to load/unload and clear out the occasional jam from old shitty brass or brass of questionable origin. Plus I need to fill the dovetail with something.

My original cut was for a SW XL and I used it for a while. Then I thought about the Cheely and picked up one. I really like that too and put it on my other Open gun. It fit directly into my slide cut. I did pick up a Quinn to try out and it did NOT fit my cut. I will have to trim it down some so that is fine, too big is fine. Too small would be trouble. Those are the only ones I have tried but there are many more out there. Hope this helps...

Hi,

I recently swapped from Sidewinder to Predator Tactical. It is not a perfect fit, since the Sidewinder cut is wider at the bottom. I solved this issue in a MacGyver manner by simply putting a couple of layers of duct tape in the bottom of the dovetail cut between the slide and racker... ;)

It may sound silly, but it actually works wery well. I have shot about 2000 rnds with this setup, and the racker hasn't moved a bit. The set-screws will mash snugly into the tape and force it to stay put.

Also I am very happy with the Predator racker. The reason for me wanting away from the Sidewinder was that may hand had a tendency of slipping off the racker. This is not an issue with the Predator, as it has a very rough sawtooth grip pattern (which is why the left and right side predators are different) which also looks cool. :D

Here is a pic of the racker on the gun. Sorry about the cell-phone-bad-lighting quality, but it gives you an idea of the angle, and such...

Hope this was helpful.

/Richard

post-12765-0-32520300-1318584613_thumb.j

• 5 years later...

I know this is a necrobump, but.. seems the predator tactical parts and handgun part of the side is down? 2 buddies has the predator tactical racker and I really really like it.. but cant seem to get them?