Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

686 SSR trigger part number ?

checkenbach

Well, I was trying to smooth out the trigger pull on my 686 SSR and stoned the nubs on the trigger that contact the cylinder stop, thinking they were MIM flash, due to my 625-8 and 686-5 not having the nubs on the trigger surface. Now the cylinder won't turn. I can either get another trigger, or send it in to S&W to be repaired, a hard lesson learned. Any one have any idea what trigger part number will work in this gun??? Numrich's has a few, but not sure if any will work. Thanks, Chris

Edited by checkenbach

Well, I was trying to smooth out the trigger pull on my 686 SSR and stoned the nubs on the trigger that contact the cylinder stop, thinking they were MIM flash, due to my 625-8 and 686-5 not having the nubs on the trigger surface. Now the cylinder won't turn. I can either get another trigger, or send it in to S&W to be repaired, a hard lesson learned. Any one have any idea what trigger part number will work in this gun??? Numrich's has a few, but not sure if any will work. Thanks, Chris

I may be off here but I belive all the triggers for K,L, and N frames are the same. The only difference being either MIM or the solid steel ones. It is still early but some of the wiser ones can give you the part number. later rdd

Bubber is right.(Again). :cheers: The parts going horizontal are all the same for K,L,N & X Frame.

That would be the rebound slide and spring, trigger and cylinder stop and spring. The parts going vertical are frame specific due to the different diameter of cylinders. Those parts include the hammer, hand, and hammer block. I think the X frame uses N frame vertical parts, but never measured any.

Edited by Toolguy

You may be looking at 2 - 2.5 month wait on a S&W return, I always have at least one revolver at S&W for barrel / cylinder work or it feels that way.

one there now arrived the 5th & maybe it will be checked in this week?

Buy the trigger from Brownells / Midway and save the wait, S&W may not warranty it being tampered with.

Thanks all, I have some parts coming from Numrich, with a few back up pieces B.O.'d at Brownells. If I can't get it sorted out,it WILL get fixed one way or another.

I sent this same gun back to S&W and it was repaired to my liking within a week, and that was a warranty job, I should have left well enough alone.

Chris

Edited by checkenbach