Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Fall after a big match

AlamoShooter

I'm years away from having the problem of having my goals completely met--I know for me I'll never be as good as I want to be in everything. Boredom is impossible for me, I want too much. I guess that's my real problem, the opposite of most people here: I'm in year 1 (of a full year doing competitions) instead of year 5 or 10 or 15 or 20+, still mucking my way through just trying not to be last each time and figuring out what to improve (too often that being summarized as everything) and then later trying to scrape up the time and means to do so. Being at the bottom trying to catch up to what everyone else already has figured out already is frustrating, embarrassing, and depressing at times. It utterly sucks seeing yourself as late to the party when others were in on this decades ago. I'm doing the things that will build into experience and pay off over time but while you say the journey is the real object sometimes it's better to have been through than to be in it at the time, and when someone gives you the "It'll work out for the best" or "Good things come to those who wait" nonsense, it evokes a less than civil response shall we say.

Edited by yellowfin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I know after a big match that I need to take a week or so off and not think about shooting. I do a sort of self evaluation taking into account how hard I'd worked before the match and how well I'd placed at the match. Amazing how much one depends on the other, lol.

Finally and probably most importantly, I always have a goal or idea in mind for what's next.

Edited by MJPLEO