Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major 115gr MG JHP with Autocomp

OpenDot

124 MG JHP are on backorder :angry2:

Anybody got a loadout?, i'm gonna try 115gr MG JHP with Autocomp as I have 8lbs of that powder and no bullets :roflol:

I searched but didn't come up with much as far as a proven load..

i'll be ordering a case so...there ya go. :roflol:

Much thanks guys :cheers:

Yes I have a chrono but want something proven to start with so I don't waste 100 rounds dialing it in...last time this forum had me dialed in 10 rounds :cheers:

it will be shot of of this bad mo fo..

5" Briley Barrel

28554621408407733421615.jpg

Sweet gun. I can't wait to get an open gun one day. Anyways, I just picked up the 124 MG's JHP from Johnathan at RedDotShootinc. He's getting rid of them for cost to help out a friend who switched to Limited now shooting .40 Major. I don't know how it will work as far as shipping, but if you don't want to switch I think he has a case or two left to hold you over until MG gets restocked.

Edited by OperationHitFactor

You might be better off with 121 IFP's with AC... pushing a 115 with it may be a wicked nasty pressured load. I'd be more inclined to try HS-6, Silhouette, or one of the other slower powders (see hodgdons recently updated burn rate chart which shows where AC fits in the mix).

I'd be very careful with AC.... start low and watch the primers if they start to flatten or the velocity stops, *DON'T GO ANY HIGHER*, you're just asking for problems.

Alan

I'm surprised nobody seems to have tried AutoComp with 115 gr bullets yet. I hear good things about it with 124's.

AC sits on the latest Hodgdon burn rate chart right between HS-6 and Silhouette which both work very well with 115's.

I guess the 115 grain open shooters are a small group compared to the number of folks that go with the 124 grain bullets and nobody has gotten around to it yet.

Couldn't you just start at a known 124 grain load and work up with the chrono watching for pressure signs? Start at say 7.0 grains and move up...

Edited by BMartens

That gun is marked already for high pressure loads :devil: and its wicked awesome to shoot!!!

try 115's at 1.160 or 1.150 with 7.0 grs or maybe 7.2 (start at 6.8 and work up) you only need to be doing 1435 to make 165.025pf major :cheers:

Sweet gun. I can't wait to get an open gun one day. Anyways, I just picked up the 124 MG's JHP from Johnathan at RedDotShootinc. He's getting rid of them for cost to help out a friend who switched to Limited now shooting .40 Major. I don't know how it will work as far as shipping, but if you don't want to switch I think he has a case or two left to hold you over until MG gets restocked.

Thanks got the last case of 124's yesterday!!!! :cheers:

I'm still going to try 115's with AC though!!!!!!!!!! I bet the extra powder it will shoot flat but have a little more snap in the wrists..

That gun is marked already for high pressure loads :devil: and its wicked awesome to shoot!!!

try 115's at 1.160 or 1.150 with 7.0 grs or maybe 7.2 (start at 6.8 and work up) you only need to be doing 1435 to make 165.025pf major :cheers:

284706_2140806172477_1615870863_2094284_3609748_n.jpg

I might have an old 115 load for major around somewhere. I used CCI small rifle primers for it though. I remember my steel load a ways back with autocomp game me some signs of pressure with fed small pistol.

I can take a look.

Cool thanks. I use small rifle primers anyways :cheers:

Hello: I use the 115 Montana Gold JHP in my 5" 9mm. My load is 115gr MG jhp, Winchester SRP, 7.4gr Auto Comp making 168.3 PF at nationals. I will be bumping this up to 7.5grains since my comp works better at 171-173PF. I forgot the overall length which is 1.170". Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello: I use the 115 Montana Gold JHP in my 5" 9mm. My load is 115gr MG jhp, Winchester SRP, 7.4gr Auto Comp making 168.3 PF at nationals. I will be bumping this up to 7.5grains since my comp works better at 171-173PF. I forgot the overall length which is 1.170". Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric!!!

Hey Open,

All I could find was a steel load with auto comp.

I used 6.3-6.4 grains of autocomp with a 115 gr FMJ at the time at an OAL of 1.165.

My apologies, I thought I still had my major load for it written down.

Robby

No problem Robby... thanks!! :cheers: