Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new Apple IMAC computer

JKSNIPER

Had computer problems with my old PC.

Was in the Apple store near where my wife works and wound up purchasing the IMAC computer.

Still learning how it works but so far its great.

Should have made the switch years ago.

"Once you go MAC you'll never go back."

JK

Amen!! I started "drinking the Kool-aid" back in the mid-90's and haven't regretted it one bit.

I probably need to think about replacing my circa 2006 iMac, but it still works so well that I'm having a hard time justifying it. Although that new MacBook Air is calling out to me pretty loudly....

I plan to give parallels a shot when my oldest PC craps out. The iMac is stunning to look at when compared with other computer manufacturers and and have mercy, all that screen real estate is awesome. I bought a trackpad with mine which is a love/hate but I find it easier than the mouse that comes with the iMac.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

Been working on and with computers for a lot of years. You won't regret going MAC. Yea they are more expensive out of the box but on average our MAC systems run twice as long as clmparable PC's before needing replacement. Hell I'm working off an 8 year old powerbook and its still holding its own.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I drank the kool aid 5 or 6 years ago and haven't looked back.. everything "just works" and plays well with other peripherals.. My wife and I have macbook pro's, iPhone's, ad we share an iPad 2... Next purchase is an iMac ...

Enjoy and welcome to dark side :devil:

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely enjoying it.

I have the 27" screen and love the display.

My wife has the Macbookpro we were steered away from the Mac Air by the sales people in the local Apple store.

It don't come with antiglare screen and processing ...you might as well just get an iPad.

JK

apple fanboy household here: 2 iMacs, 3 iPhone 4's, 3 iPod touch, 1 iPod shuffle, apple tv ,ttime machine extreme router, and housewide airport extreme network deployed. It just works.

Got lion on the newest iMac. Lion will be known as Apple's Vista. If you are on Snow Leopard and considering upgrading, don't do it! Wait till they roll back many of the stupid features and fix all the incompatibilities. I cannot believe Steve Jobs would of allowed this OS to be released if he had been more involved in the development.