Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 super load data

n1guess

I am using VV 3N38 10.4 grains 115 grain zero jhp. makeing 175pf... I am looking for a few differnt loads to try out of my gun. What load do you use with 115gr bullets. I do not plan on loading 124's at all.

Your load is exactly what I'm running but with a Montana Gold instead of a Zero. I've also used 10.6gr of N105 and 11.4gr of AA #7. There's alot of others that have posted data in the forum. Just try a search and you'll come up with lots! :)

Your load is exactly what I'm running but with a Montana Gold instead of a Zero. I've also used 10.6gr of N105 and 11.4gr of AA #7. There's alot of others that have posted data in the forum. Just try a search and you'll come up with lots! :)

There is probably not a lot of difference in 3N38 and AA#7 and N105 they are all about the same speed, the difference seems to be that N105 slightly flatter with more recoil than AA#7 and 3N38 sort of in the middle of the two. I shoot 124gr primarly because they are much more accurate out of my guns than 115gr, so I'd suggest you do some accuracy checking before writing them off. Some shooters like the 121gr. Its all about preference, but all too often we just go with how it feels, a preception that can take you down the wrong path. The timer is a tool that will help you find the truth. :surprise:

i dont know if your gun is a hybrid or not. 3n38 will usually shoot better with a hybrid so that might be why you dont like it. My experience with 3n38: i love it. i have a 3 port hybrid, 3 port comp and it rules. i bumped up the charge a bit and went to 115's to give them a try and they actually shot a bit worse then the 124 JHP. all MG bullets. thats what i got hope it helps!