Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iowa Speed Camera Ticket

There have also been cases where red light/speed cameras used a revenue sharing deal with the camera provider

That is what happened in Charlotte. Money from the traffic light cameras were supposed to go to the school system. It turned out that the majority of the money was actually going to the traffic light camera company. If I remember correctly, the city was actually losing money on each ticket written, and there was a law suit over the money owed the school system.

That and the city of Charlotte over looked that minor detail that 80-90% of the ticket proceeds for any moving violation (whether considered criminal or civil) were to go into the state school fund by legislative mandate. Last I had heard a few years ago Charlotte yanked all the cameras etc.

jflowers wrote:

The RedLight Camera at Little Rock and US74 (right outside the Charlotte Douglas Airport) had an interesting life. Somebody hated that camera. They would paint the clear covering in front of the camera black, and the rest of the camera housing bright pink. The city/operator would clean/repair/replace the unit and shortly thereafter ... black and pink again!

red-light-camera-11.jpg

unbranded-telescopic-tree-pruner-and-pruning-saw.jpg

Nahh....that's not necessary.

I would never do that,what I am suggesting in that post up above.

Yeah, I have seen different red light camera configurations, some with their own "flash bulbs" off to the side of the roadway.

How can the state or the red light camera pass the info off to a collections agency? If the collections agency doesn't have your social security number, how can they ruin your credit rating?

Is the state giving the collection agencies people's social security number?

around here, the sensors that get the lights to change is embedded into the asphalt. they look like little metal strips usually in a rectangular shape. I guess they can pick up the steel belts magnetic field when your tires ride over them.

around here, the sensors that get the lights to change is embedded into the asphalt. they look like little metal strips usually in a rectangular shape. I guess they can pick up the steel belts magnetic field when your tires ride over them.

They are inductive sensors that turn "on" when your car is over them. The steel in your tire isn't enough to activate them. In fact, my motorcycle wouldn't activate them at all.

Pay the ticket and forget about it. You know you've sped before or after and this is the one time you got caught. Chances are you've been in the situation over 200 times without getting a ticket.

That's shat the California Judge told all of us in court to protest our tickets.