Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stuck.

Steve Anderson

Hate is a string word, and I don't hate much. Life is too short for pointless anger, and spinning wheels don't propel anything. (although tire smoke is fun!)

However, current circumstances present many things with which to be frustrated.

So, in order to vent a little, these are the things that I'm currently hating:

1. The store manager that we spent 2 weeks training at considerable expense walked out at the end of his first full week. Salem, Oregon.

2. I was in Austin, TX getting ready to fly home and shoot my third match in about 7 years when the red phone rang. One way ticket to Salem, coming up!

3. The young man who is being transferred here can't leave until he gets his car fixed. What happened to his car, you ask? His mother backed into it.

4. I talked my way into a free upgrade for a Mustang convertible (yay!) and it rains everyday. (boo!) I put the top down anyway, for the exhilirating trip from LaQuinta to the store and back. It's about 2 miles of jubilant lawlessness and about the only fun I'm in for.

5. I'm really excited about shooting again, and I'm spending the waning days of the season doing this.

6. I'm the only guy in the company committed and/or dumb enough to handle these kinds of problems, and I get no thanks, just complaints about my expense reports.

7. I dropped my brand new toothbrush in the toilet last night while multitasking. Decisions, decisions.

8. My wife is getting ready to undertake a home improvement spree by herself to combat boredom. Wants to paint the kitchen. By herself. Well, at least 2 of the dobermans are already "red." A little more red on them will probly just be funny.

That's about it for now... life is good and I'm thankful to have a job at all, for many have it way worse than me.

Hang on a minute.

Maybe hate is the wrong word.

I'm actually a pretty lucky S.O.B.

But I'm still stuck.

FWIW just rinse the toothbrush off and use it. I do that all the time.

I am glad you said that. When we roomed together at the Michigan match...well, now I don't feel bad about your knocking your shaving kit into the latrine.

roflol.gif

Flex,

And you wonder why I have questions about ya'll from The Ohio State..........calling it a toilet kit when it consists of a dull knife to shave with and a blunt toothpick to pick stuff out of your teeth does not qualify. Just sayin.......

Toilet kit?

That sounds French. Are you Canadian?!?!

Around here, a toilet kit is a big stick that you use to beat against the outhouse before you go in...to scare the critters into a corner so that you can take care of your business.

Well, today was interesting... kicked a meth addict outta the store only to have his buddy return a little while later. It's good and bad that I always act like I'm carrying, whether I am or not. I guess I hate that too. I wish my rental car was a rental Kahr.

I can shoot tomorrow if someone wants to loan me some gear and ammo. :) just tell me when and where.

Meth head update: he called this morning and threatened to sue me. Wanted corporate's number... My reply: I'm an F'ing VP, who are you gonna complain to? :)