Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Jobs

outerlimits

I wonder how many people the world over owe their livelihood to Steve Jobs?

Not just the people at Apple, but all those that write the software Apps, those that have produced books or edited TV Series using Apple products. All those businesses that make all the other add-ons and accessories for iPod, iPad, iPhones and MacBooks.

It is probably no exaggeration to say that his innovation has provided a living for hundreds of thousands of people.

This country was once full of people like him, perhaps one day it will be again.

Edited by BritinUSA

While I'm not a great fan of apple (mainly b/c I think it's a cult following :blink:) they are great looking products and tend to perform well and can take a lick or two. I do believe that Jobs was an incredible asset to the technology world and brought about hardware products that were/are better than most. His absence will leave a great hole in the electronics hardware world.

He was a young 56 years old. I think there is only a 10% survival rate for pancreatic cancer.

Anyone think that he's been cryogenically (sp) preserved?

Edited by Gadgetech

He beat pancreatic cancer back in 2004. It was a rare kind that wasn't as aggressive. He had a liver transplant in 2009.

Don't yet know what took him, but his endocrine system seems the likely culprit.

I've never been a huge Apple-head... I've made fun of friends for being part of the "cult". Regardless, I can't deny it... the guy was a genius on so many levels...

This message is from my first MAC... MacBook Air.

He has been sick for a long time but when ever a new product came out he knew the public trusted him so much that if he didn't present it it wouldn't do near as well. So in spite of his health and being filthy rich he enjoyed what 3 weeks of retirement before his demise. RIP Steve.

Steve Jobs changed the world with his ideas, and though we lift our I-phones in salute to a great thinker, how vulnerable is the world now that the very existence of modern civilization depends on computers never going down at critical times?

Definitely been sick for a while. Most people only know him as the very thin black shirt clad face of Apple. Even as late as when he came back to Apple, in the mid 90's, he was a little portly. That's a tough disease and from family members I hear it's pretty painful as well. I wish the best for his family.

I'll still argue that he didn't invent anything. He did however take products and improve them and then showed people why they wanted those products. He created demand and that is a rare skill.

Definitely been sick for a while. Most people only know him as the very thin black shirt clad face of Apple. Even as late as when he came back to Apple, in the mid 90's, he was a little portly. That's a tough disease and from family members I hear it's pretty painful as well. I wish the best for his family.

I'll still argue that he didn't invent anything. He did however take products and improve them and then showed people why they wanted those products. He created demand and that is a rare skill.

Yeah, he was far from slim. I met him during the NeXT computer era in 1990-91. I was working for a firm that was going to be a dealer. After the Pepsi dude era at Apple, Steve personally interviewed EVERYBODY that was going to deal with NeXT.

I also agree with the non-inventor idea. Steve was a great marketeer and had the vision to see what a scientist was doing and how it could be turned into a product. But then, as an ex-Xerox PARC employee, I may have a personal bias. :rolleyes:

He created a great company and provided employment for thousands. He will be missed and I hope Apple doesn't fall off the tracks. Condolences to his family and friends.

Learned how to Program on an Apple IIe, in college. Many late nights playing Wizardry.

Over the years -

Macintosh

iMac

G4

iPod

couple Macbook Pros

iPhones, multiple

iPod Touch

iPad

new iMac

Apple TV

iPad 2

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out.

Not to mention watching my (very small amount of)Apple stock run up from $90 a share to almost $400 just in the last couple years.

Yeah, I'd say Jobs change my life, and the world.

RIP