Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Tactics/Movement

jetdriver71

Anyone have any good info on stage tactics or anything on movement drills that will help improve my time. I'm a B class shooter in open and switching to limited. I notice I can shoot just as accurately and quickly as the next guy and even run the same "route" as a higher classed shooter but slower overall time. whats the secret? Thanks to all who reply.

Video a GM run a stage and video yourself run the same stage. it will be painfully obviously where the extra time is coming from. watch them side by side and see where you are losing time. I video almost all my stages, just so I can go back and see where I lost some points to the faster guys. you may think you shot a stage super fast and when you see a 3rd person view of it, you can spot some glaring errors that you didnt know existed.

For me it is an economy of movement "problem". Recording your stages can help you figure out just how fast you were moving or how many steps you took while shooting a particular portion. Shave off time by getting the little stuff out of the way and fast and sharp,IE, reloading. Then fine tune your mechanics. Pilates and yoga strengthen the core for leaning shots and lower body and upper body work manage recoil and smooth travel when shooting on the move.

P.S Ben is a Boss.

For me it is an economy of movement "problem". Recording your stages can help you figure out just how fast you were moving or how many steps you took while shooting a particular portion. Shave off time by getting the little stuff out of the way and fast and sharp,IE, reloading. Then fine tune your mechanics. Pilates and yoga strengthen the core for leaning shots and lower body and upper body work manage recoil and smooth travel when shooting on the move.

P.S Ben is a Boss.

Thanks. yep I just started P90X again and will work on all that. It includes Yoga..upper/lower body as well as plyometrics.