Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another newby from SC

Gadgetech

I'm in Greenville, SC and looking to get into competition shooting. Currently have an H&K USPc .40 cal, Springfield Armory TRP .45 Cal and a Springfield Armory Lightweight Champion Operator .45 Cal on it's way to my FFL. I eventually want to get into 3 Gun competition so I need to look into options for a shotgun and start working on a rifle build of some sort.

Anyone have experience w/ the gun clubs in the upstate? I live about 5 minutes away from Greenville Gun Club but I don't know any memebers so I don't know much about it.

Welcome to the Upstate! Im in Greenville as well. When I am in town (which isnt very much!) I try and shoot with the boys over in Spartanburg. Great group of guys that were very welcoming. The GCC shoots once a month as well, but cant vouch for them since I have never participated. If you get bored in the winter, Allen Arms has some sort of a shoot each week, from bowling pins, to duck shoots...

I did a 3-gun match at GGC a couple years ago and it was great.

I have shot a couple of times at the Spartanburg USPSA matches (1st and 4th Saturdays) and they were top notch. http://shootspsa.org/

They also do IDPA on the 3rd Saturday.

You're in luck, one of the best shooters in the state is having a 3-gun match this Saturday:

http://www.wheatonarms.com/3-gun-events.html

You'd be welcome to come out, watch, help, and ask questions. I've got to warn you, though...once you see Robbie's AR barely move when he shoots it, you'll want one.

We made it up there last month and it was a great match. I wish I could swing it this weekend. :(

You're also not too far from Mid Carolina that puts on first rate USPSA matches the 2nd Saturday of each month.

http://lchico5u.com

They also do Steel Challenge on the 3rd Saturday and many other disciplines at other times.

If you're ever down our way (Augusta), we have a USPSA match on the 4th Saturday of each month:

http://Pinetucky.com

Go to Greenville's IDPA match in the morning at 9AM and have a look. There are some nice folks at GGC.

I saw that earlier today and they are only 5 minutes from the house. Is there anything I need to do? Just show up w/ some ear plugs and money?

I went to the IDPA match today and I see that in my future for sure! Even though I just watched, folks were very nice and eager to explain what was going on. I was the only person there spectating so it was easy to pick me out of the crowd, but there were several instances were someone walked up and asked if I had questions.

drop by the CPSL match tomorrow at Greenville gun club, starts at 10:30. It is a very fun match with a hybrid of IDPA and IPSC rules, occasionally a carbine or shotgun is thrown in. It is very laid back and new comers are very welcome. In fact, bring you gun, holster, mag carrier and 125 rounds or so and have fun. the scoring is simple and the best way to introduce a newcomer to action shooting. Tomorrow is all handgun. chuck PS: also look into the Skip-J range in Anderson for monthly idpa and other matches. You can easily shoot every weekend around here.

drop by the CPSL match tomorrow at Greenville gun club, starts at 10:30. It is a very fun match with a hybrid of IDPA and IPSC rules, occasionally a carbine or shotgun is thrown in. It is very laid back and new comers are very welcome. In fact, bring you gun, holster, mag carrier and 125 rounds or so and have fun. the scoring is simple and the best way to introduce a newcomer to action shooting. Tomorrow is all handgun. chuck PS: also look into the Skip-J range in Anderson for monthly idpa and other matches. You can easily shoot every weekend around here.

Thank you Chuck! I'll be out of town however so I'll have to catch it next time.