Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maizes Range Diary

Maize

Finally found time to shoot a match with the amarillo guys.Ive been doing what JKSNIPPER suggested reloading while standing and it is safer for now.I got to far in the ports a few times

At the end of the day I had 76A hits,10c hits and 1D hit.Below is a few videos. Any suggestions will be great. Maize

Edited by Maize

• 1 month later...

Today I had my last rifle pratice before the 4H district match. I shot my very best. If I can do this next week the boy's might as well stay home. :)

post-33686-0-82251500-1335834604_thumb.j

Edited by Maize

• 5 weeks later...

Finally shot some of the stages at Levelland at C level. This was my favorate and my first time to shoot a star. The sound at the end of the viedo is my Dad realizing I had just showed him up. lol

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=Z6QUZtbkHww

The Double tap match was my only match to shoot last month. Here is one of my stages where I ended about 5 inches from the bottom on the score sheet. I think it was my best one of the day.Im gonna start shooting major with my glock 35,instead of my glock 34.the triggers are very different and so are the sights,I had to send my 35 barrel to lone wolf so it will feed my lead bullets.Hope I adjust to the new gun quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

I traveled almost 600 miles to shoot 2 club matches the last two weeks. I shot with some very good West Texas GM shooters. A month ago I was happy when I shot 45 percent of their scores on two stages, now I'm shooting 45 percent of their scores on every stage. My hard work is paying off and hopefully I will just keep getting better and better. School starts soon. Junior High- I'm so excited. I am looking forward to the High Desert Classic in September, sad to miss a day of school though. lol

• 3 months later...

The High desert Classic was a great match. I will be going back for sure. I have been doing some 3 gun praticing and attended 1 match so far. I did not do real well at the 3gun match but the shotgun and rifle was very new to me.I hope with enough pratice Dad will take me to a bigger match near Denver in April

Edited by Maize

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still waiting on my Beretta, but got to spend sometime at the range in the wind with my rifle shooting at 6 inch steel, also some longer range prone. Enjoyed the rifle but look forward to blasting steel when my 1301 comes in.

post-33686-0-23899400-1382849571_thumb.j

Edited by Maize

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Maize-

You are doing really well! Congrats on the rifle target too!

You might want to think about trying NRA Action Pistol. The National championship is called the Bianchi Cup. There are a lot of people there who could help you raise your skill level. Several girls and women are shooting it. Something to try out if you get a chance.

All the Best - Warren

• 3 months later...

Thanks toolguy, we will give it a try when I get an opportunity.

I have my 3P District match in 12 days shooting an Anschutz 1903. I have a strong team. One of my team members got a bronze metal in the Junior Olympics. I hope to challenge her in kneeling at least. If we shoot as good as we do in practice I know we will win! My best score for 3 targets is a 253.

I have also been practicing load 2 on the move in every direction with my Beretta. Really like this shotgun! Plan to shoot some clays Thursday, it will be my first time.

After Pikes Peak Shotgun Challenge, I have to get back to rifle and pistol, because i have Double Tap and Rocky Mountain 3gun coming up. Maize

• 1 month later...

2 weeks ago I went to Colorado Springs and shot Pikes Peak Shotgun Challenge. Fired 200 rounds in one day, 3 times as much as I have fired in my whole life. Came in third Lady. Missed second by 7 points. One stage I beat 35 of the guys.

Looking forward to Double Tap in a couple of weeks.

Got a new safari land ALS 3gun holster.

Maize, Congrats!

I doubt you remember me but I was the RO at the High Desert Classic for a number of years.

I would suggest you start sending letters of introduction to our Vendors and see if you can get them to sponsor your endeavors.

Paul

I have three goals for Double Tap, which is a week from tomorrow.

1. No standing reloads

2. To not forget any targets

3. Reloading on the first step instead of running then remembering half way to the next spot.

Well, maybe 4. To be safe, and have fun!