Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pic request - 5.25 holsters

Conradm

Here are the photos-sorry, I forgot about your post.

From Vigilante's photos, this holster wouldn't be USPSA Production division legal. The slide is exposed more the 1/2" below the ejection port. Perhaps tape or such would cover that up and make it legal, but thought I'd mention it in case this setup is being consider for a Production shooter.

I know some people are using their XD 5" holsters for their 5.25's... How's the fit? Anyone have any pictures?

More specifically, is anyone using a 5" Black Ice holster?

I just bought Comp-tac's new 5.25 holster for mine. Fits perfectly

Yes, the gun does click when holstered. Note, I am only using this until Blade Tech comes out with one for the XDm 5.25--have nothing against CompTac either-I have several of their holsters and mag pouches. In fact I prefer their mag pouches over those of Blade Tech.

I have a CompTac holster for my XDm .40 4.5. When I insert the XDm 5.25 9mm the barrel doesn't protrude as shown in Scott's photo above unless I push it in a little bit harder than usual. Think I am going to take my Dremel or a file and open up the bottom just a little bit more. On second thought will leave it as is. The pistol clicks into place and isn't that difficult drawing it from the holster. It's a better fit than the Blade Tech XD Tactical holster and I will be using this one for IDPA instead of the BT Tactical. Now if only BT will come out with the DOH holster for USPSA!!!

Edited by The_Vigilante

Scott's photo was of a 4.5 inch holster...a 5 inch holster and instead of a dremel or file please use a heat gun (about $30 at Harbor Freight) and mold the closing out and down and it should work. This will work with kydex but not plastic very well.

Has anyone called Blade-Tech? I live about an hour from their shop and can drop a line to find out:-)

Busyhawk

I asked Blade Tech if they were planning on making a holster for the XDM 5.25 & their reply was:

Funny you should ask... We are tooling it up now. You can order it whenever you would like.

Office Hours are 7am to 3:30pm PST

http://www.blade-tech.com/

phone: 253-655-8059

... toll free: 877-331-5793

Happy shooting! Tessa

I just ordered an XDM 5.25 specific BladeTech DOH. If I remember I will post pictures when it arrives. :lol:

I am liking Blade Tech as a company. Everyone was very pleasant & it sounds like they will make things right if there is anything wrong.

I contacted Blade Tech and was told they are now making the holster for the XDm 5.25 9mm. Unfortunately it is not the Black Ice holster-they are still not tooled up for this particular holster. So I ordered the regular DOH holster for the XDm 9/40 4.5" from Red Dot Shooting-they have it in stock and I won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for Blade Tech to make it. I was going to order the Black Ice DOH for the XDm 9/40 4.5 but was told that holster is not open at the bottom.

Edited by The_Vigilante

• 1 month later...

Here is the BladTech specifically for the XDM 5.25. Looks & fits about perfect.

The mag opening is already a bit chewed. Only had it a month. Need to get those mag changes smoother!

I am going to add some washers to pull the top of the gun closer to the belt. A little too much offset there.

PB111095.JPG

PB111100.JPG

PB111101.JPG

Edited by furyalecto

I asked them on their Facebook page. They got back to me very quickly. I called them to place the order.

They said they were in the tooling up process to produce them. It took four weeks instead of three.

Awesome service.

It is the DOH with ASR loop.

Edited by furyalecto