Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

calibration, please.

centermass

Illegal stage because all shots available from a single location or view.

1.2.1.3 “Long Courses” in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

I know what you're thinking, but for WSB purposes the picture doesn't quite show accurately how the poppers will be arranged.

Thanks for the reference though, I appreciate it. I want to make it "legal", and not rely on "it's a local match" excuse. I'll add some scattered barrels along the front to obscure some PP/USP, and induce the movement. If I do, should I consider them "soft cover" to avoid REF reshoots?

Edited by centermass

Why not make the shooting area extend all the way across - that way you are not requiring them to shoot from 1 area and then it should be legal

That's another consideration, and was actually how I first designed it. I think the 2 separate shooting areas is a fail, and will be the first alteration.

Thanks for the suggestion.

How are you making the drop turners non disappearing? Are you going to pin them so that they drop into a fully visible orientation after the popper is engaged?

Move to a part of the shooting area where you can engage it.

9.9 Scoring of Moving Targets

9.9.1 Moving scoring targets which present at least a portion of the highest

scoring area when at rest following the completion of their designed

movement, or which continuously appear and disappear, will always

incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see Rule

9.2.4.4).

In other words... if the DT ends up facing to the right, you'll have to move to the far right portion of the shooting area to get the hits (if you missed it on the DT).

Edited by centermass

I know what you're thinking, but for WSB purposes the picture doesn't quite show accurately how the poppers will be arranged.

Thanks for the reference though, I appreciate it. I want to make it "legal", and not rely on "it's a local match" excuse. I'll add some scattered barrels along the front to obscure some PP/USP, and induce the movement. If I do, should I consider them "soft cover" to avoid REF reshoots?

If you make the barrels soft cover, then you are back again to being able to shoot all of them from one view/location.

Why not make the shooting area extend all the way across - that way you are not requiring them to shoot from 1 area and then it should be legal

The aren't required to shoot from 1 area. The WSB said that the shooter can move between shooting areas.

If you made the shooting area one long box with barrels in front of the box it would be a lot better. As it is you are forcing too many shots from any one shooting position. At a bare minimum the single stack, revolver, and production guys would whine extensively about having to do standing reloads.

How are you making the drop turners non disappearing? Are you going to pin them so that they drop into a fully visible orientation after the popper is engaged?

Move to a part of the shooting area where you can engage it.

9.9 Scoring of Moving Targets

9.9.1 Moving scoring targets which present at least a portion of the highest

scoring area when at rest following the completion of their designed

movement, or which continuously appear and disappear, will always

incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see Rule

9.2.4.4).

In other words... if the DT ends up facing to the right, you'll have to move to the far right portion of the shooting area to get the hits (if you missed it on the DT).

So I will run to the far right corner right off the bat and engage the DT's prior to engaging the steel. Looks like I could take DT1, DT2,engage the steel and take SW2 from that one spot. Run to the left while reloading and take the remaining steel and SW1.

Any better?

post-20074-0-56390800-1317259467_thumb.j

This would be in a Level I one match, but as stated before I'd rather not put in the WSB that DTs or SWs must be activated before being engaged.

Put a high no shoot next to each DT target that leaves only the bottom D zone visible when in the set position. After engaging the popper it should drop to where the A zone is available from the opposite side. Target remains visible but it removes the desire to engage it prior to activation.

That's starting to look very good. One more suggestion. Make the the right side mirror the left side as much as possible, including swapping barrel positions in the shooting area, and popper/mini popper positions. Depending on how you drop turners are activated, you may be able to turn one of them around so the the final stop positions of the targets are also mirrored.

With the revised version, is either DT1 or DT2 disappearing? If not disappearing, and they end facing away from the way they are adjacent too, I hope that you don't mind the walls getting shot up if/when people decide to shoot them at rest, and at an angle that makes bullets going through the target go into the walls.

Yes, now disappearing drop-turners (no penalty mikes), not sure how they'd shoot them at rest as they'll be facing wall before activated, and return to that position. And those angles are adjusted during set-up for shoot thru possibilities, but thanks for the reminder.

Edited by centermass