Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Propeller

Fenrir

For those of you who hate the Evil Texas Star, or the Texas Star here is a new one I never seen before:

http://youtu.be/VfDBqwa0Ph8

Uh, it's called a Polish Plate Rack...been around a while....In fact, I built one last year....

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102915&view=findpost&p=1436675&hl=polish+plate+rack&fromsearch=1

The one I built...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126341&view=findpost&p=1431229&hl=polish+plate+rack&fromsearch=1

Do a you tube search for Polish Plate rack....

What would be the correct shooting order for something like this? Still work near the top targets and go down from there like the Texas Star?

Numbers are plates. If you are fast you can do 1-4 then 5-8 (or 4-1 then 8-5). The best method we have found is 2, 3, 4, 1 then 5-8 (or 6, 7, 8, 5).

1 2 3 4

-------

5 6 7 8

Shot one at the PSA Shootout this year. In my limited experience, I found it a bit easier to shoot than a star once you figured out the sequence. A bit of a pain to reset though.

Especially when you inadvertently declare to your squad that you know how to set it...

Our club was also considering getting a PPR last year, but eventually passed on it because our berm heights. We had only one bay we could safely put the PPR in, and not worry about a shooter sending a round over the berm if they miss when they shoot at a plate that is at top of the rotation.

They had one when a friend and I went to shoot north of Mobile. I was just staring at it, very perplexed, and I was very relieved when they had some type of problem with the PPR and threw it out before teh shooting started. Of course, I felt teh same way about the Texas Star. I first saw the TS at teh same club, and though I am not great at it, I am not scared to death. Now that Swinging Texas Star.......

The quote from the shooter makes it SO much better.

"So I was introduced to the MGM Propeller Plate Rack by my Dad and so I decided to give it a try with my barebones stock Glock 19 from about 20 yards away."

I rolled up in my extensive shooting apparel including five fingers and some gym shorts cause the nuts have to move freely to get a better sight picture."

It looks like a cool shooting challange as long as it is reliable enough to be scored correctly and keep the match moving. WHich is the only problem I have with many Texas stars. The design with the holes and pins I have found to be very good, The one with the trapezoid cutouts, not so much.

It looks like a cool shooting challange as long as it is reliable enough to be scored correctly and keep the match moving. WHich is the only problem I have with many Texas stars. The design with the holes and pins I have found to be very good, The one with the trapezoid cutouts, not so much.

I assume that you mean that:

- if a shooter hits a plate, but it doesn't fall, RO's are sharp enough to notice and call it REF immediately instead of letting the shooter keep trying

- if a shooter hits a plate, and it knocks down another plate along with it, a REF is called immediately

As for scoring, isn't it just a matter of plates must fall to score? What other scoring is there?

My statement was, "scored correctly AND keep the match moving", but yep you summed it up, plates must fall when hit, and not fall when not hit. or its a REF reshoot. Frequently on Texas star stages there are so many failures that they end up not being scored IAW the rulebook or the match bogs done due to all the reshoots.

Edited by Joe4d

Can't post links yet. Go to you tube and put Evil Oregon Star in the search box.

Presumably it's this particular video that you were referring to:

9 shots from a single view or location unless the paper was only 1 best hit per paper.

Edited by Skydiver

• 1 month later...

Can't post links yet. Go to you tube and put Evil Oregon Star in the search box.

Presumably it's this particular video that you were referring to:

9 shots from a single view or location unless the paper was only 1 best hit per paper.

When I built the darned thing the rule was no more than 9 from one location (2004 rulebook). Now when I drag it

out I only use 4 plates, or make it available from multiple locations. Evil Bill