Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

The match was great and a challenge with the heat and the "simple" stages that werent so simple. As an RO, Im glad the MD didnt let someone come in late and try to make up stages. I worked a 12 hour day on Saturday at the race track (15) and damn sure didnt want to fit a couple more in that couldnt make it down when everyone else did. As far as getting your money back, canceling the day before???? Good luck with that. I dont know many MD's that will refund your money at such a short notice unless you were injured or something. Great match Joe and I will definitely be back next year. I also want to thank Joe, Benelli, and RockCastle, and everyone who bought match T-shirts for the generous donation to my daughter. She couldnt shut up for 7 hours on the way home about buying a 12GA Benelli with that and her paracord bracelet money. It was a great surprise and much appreciated.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outstanding match!! Many thanks to Joe, Benelli, Rock Castle, and everyone who put this on. Especially the 9 ROs (yes only 9) who ran 24 stages in that brutal heat.

For those who couldn't make this one, you missed out even with the heat. Looking forward to doing it again next year! :cheers:

The match was great and a challenge with the heat and the "simple" stages that werent so simple. As an RO, Im glad the MD didnt let someone come in late and try to make up stages. I worked a 12 hour day on Saturday at the race track (15) and damn sure didnt want to fit a couple more in that couldnt make it down when everyone else did. As far as getting your money back, canceling the day before???? Good luck with that. I dont know many MD's that will refund your money at such a short notice unless you were injured or something. Great match Joe and I will definitely be back next year. I also want to thank Joe, Benelli, and RockCastle, and everyone who bought match T-shirts for the generous donation to my daughter. She couldnt shut up for 7 hours on the way home about buying a 12GA Benelli with that and her paracord bracelet money. It was a great surprise and much appreciated.

I guess I missed the part about the t shirts being sold for Katie's 3 gun money. Do you have any left?

I guess I missed the part about the t shirts being sold for Katie's 3 gun money. Do you have any left?

I didnt know about it either until the awards ceremony. They split it between Devin Niederbach and Katie. Rock castle may still have some, Im not sure.

I didnt know about it either until the awards ceremony. They split it between Devin Niederbach and Katie. Rock castle may still have some, Im not sure.

Chad and I are lucky to have our kids in a sport that is supported so well by other shooters and vendors. I’ll take this chance to thank Joe Harris, Rockcastle and Benelli for their support of the young shooters. Also, thanks to everyone that purchased a shirt. Now Devin wants a Super Sport Vinci.  :cheers:

nice match, thank you RO,s you same to take your small number's in stride! in the match was very straight up, nothing that tryed to trick u up and i still was aweful!some things will never change! :)

Arrived home this morning at 2 am after an arduous 12 hour drive (fatal DUI single motorcycle accident in Dayton Oh backed up I75). All I can say is what a great match! Even with the heat which was astounding to this Canadian I had a great time and will certainly be back. I shot for crap but that is all me.........

Good times, great friends and wonderful stages!

My hat sweaty as it is goes off to Chad for running the two most brutal stages from an RO perspective.

I did not know that the bracelets were a fund raiser! I just thought that they were friendship bracelts and I just did not stack up. But at least I did get a Tee shirt!

Oh and to the RO who we now refer to as the Gatorade RO ( I am terrible with names) who treated Moodyblueberry with a bottle of green tropical punch flavour (not found in Canada) you will be happy to know that we picked up two cases on the way home (after checking several Walmarts LOL).

Edited by stormbringer

Sales of the shirts were said to be to benefit junior shooters when I asked on Friday. I'm glad to see that Katie and Devin were the Jr shooters it is benefiting.

Katie, next year, its on like Donkey Kong.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

:cheers:

That's awesome.

Arrived home this morning at 2 am after an arduous 12 hour drive (fatal DUI single motorcycle accident in Dayton Oh backed up I75). All I can say is what a great match! Even with the heat which was astounding to this Canadian I had a great time and will certainly be back. I shot for crap but that is all me.........

Good times, great friends and wonderful stages!

My hat sweaty as it is goes off to Chad for running the two most brutal stages from an RO perspective.

I did not know that the bracelets were a fund raiser! I just thought that they were friendship bracelts and I just did not stack up. But at least I did get a Tee shirt!

Oh and to the RO who we now refer to as the Gatorade RO ( I am terrible with names) who treated Moodyblueberry with a bottle of green tropical punch flavour (not found in Canada) you will be happy to know that we picked up two cases on the way home (after checking several Walmarts LOL).

I was looking for yall at the awards and prize table. I was gonna give the Moodyblueberry another one of "the most delishious thing I have ever tasted" complete with label this time. But the remaining foreign delegates had said you had left. I snapped a pic and was gonna post it in the thread for you to see but it looks like you found it EH.

Im glad yall enjoyed and next time bring some ice down with you.

Thanks much. I lost 5 pounds this weekend (I needed it) but had a blast watching everyone shoot. Come down for the pro-am and Ill have her make you one!! She may even do it in Canuck colors!!!! :roflol:

Awesome match.

I can't thanks the RO's enough.

9 RO's covered 24 stages over 3 days!!!!!!!

And yes, Chad, I didn't envy you or Katie on Sat running that long stage.

Its awesome to hear that the proceeds of the shirts are going towards the Junior shooter gear.

Thanks again to everyone and looking forward to next year's

Paul from Canada.

Had a blast at this match!!!! Three days of shotgun goodness.

Yes it was HOT. With all the recent Zombie gun theme stuff out there right now, I think by the end of 12 stages on Sat., someone could have had all the walking dead they wanted. Squad 8 (my squad) looked pretty rough at the end! Me included.

The Rock is a great place to host any shooting event and this one was no different...good job.

Thank you Joe and staff, sponsors, well done. Consider me a return customer!

Good to see Twelmen back in action, see you and Greg around.

It was a great match and the real shocker was that there were only 9 RO's. :surprise: From the way they were working you'd assume that there were at least double! :lol: Thanks for putting it on!

Here's the first of an onslaught of match videos:

Edited by DyNo!

Michael & I didn't know about the t-shirt and bracelet sales either. Katie - please bring some to the AR 15 match in August.

Excellent idea to give proceeds to the junior shooters.

Man what a match. I now know what to expect...

To everyone involved, thank you for your hard work. It was by far the best run match I have ever attended.

SUSTAIN: Match Length/6-12-6 format, Staff Professionalism, Location

IMPROVE: More shooters, Possibly a shootoff at the end, Divine intervention IRT the weather

Overall it was a big success. We will be back next year.

I think this was the only match that I've been to or part of that did not have a target blade/turn sideways the entire match. A great design on the stands keeps them oriented the same for everyone. No more worries about wether this plate is straight or not for the next shooter. Just put the plate in the stand with the tab against the stand and its the same for everyone.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you to everyone who assisted in putting on this match. Joe, Mike, Nick, Nate and all the ROs....YOU ROCK (pun intended)! And thank you to David Powers for coming early and assisting setting stages, next year, bring Wyatt here to shoot :D

Awesome match...thank you again everyone!