Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Can someone explain the stage points? Will the stage be worth 5 points per hit like Ipsc? I.E. big stages are worth more than small stages?

7.5 Stage scores will be calculated as raw time + penalties = adjusted time. Each stage will have a maximum number of stage points (75, 100 or 125). The competitor who completes the stage with the fasted adjusted time will earn the maximum stage points. All other competitors will earn a percentage of the total based on their adjusted time, compared to the leader.

A modified Horner (Time-Plus) scoring system. No hit-factor scoring.

I don't have a clue what Horner system is. Other than 1 gun = 75, 2 gun = 100, 3 gun = 125 or something like that.

Is this based on target quantity or round count?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just guessing but I would think short/medium/long course of fire is 75/100/125 points respectively.

Probably based on round count.

best time per stage gets 100% of the points and everyone else files in afterwards.

Looking forward to my 12 hour drive tomorrow.

Edited by sarpau

12 stages are in the books for me. 12 more to go tomorrow. You guys and gals coming to shoot should enjoy it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Video would be nice!

Jesse, you dont want to see video of me shooting. Trust me. Things are straight forward, you can be a hero or a zero real easily.

12 stages are in the books for me. 12 more to go tomorrow. You guys and gals coming to shoot should enjoy it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Video would be nice!

Jesse, you dont want to see video of me shooting. Trust me. Things are straight forward, you can be a hero or a zero real easily.

I just want to see the slug targets on stage 7.

You know I have two Benellis. M1 Super90's. These are ripping guns. Probably 4K in one and 3 K in the other. a 21" PG and a 24" Straight stock. Took lots of work by me to find them and get them in match order. I 've shot Rock Castle twice before, including when it was a prehistoric mess. So Im driving up, because one of my best friends calls me when he gets there and says, come shoot. You can make it. Yeah, I'd like to shoot the Benelli sponsored Rock Castle Match. I work shift work a lot, sometimes have to bailout and do brain surgery or something, you know -bail out. Only Linda gives me my money back, the lesser class of MDs keep the money. I spend more on 3Gun than Colt does. But I get this email while I'm driving-lots of guys drive straight through and shoot stages right after they arrive-that if I'm not there by 11, I can't shoot. So, not really wanting to get a speeding ticket, or die, I say to myself, wtf? It's not rocket science, it's a shotgun match, and even if I get there, I can't shoot with whom I want. So being a reasonable guy I just say why bother. I shoot a Benelli because I really liked Denise Johnson's when I saw it. She sent me off to see Mr. Kurt Miller, a great guy, and he shows me how to load weak hand. Been great fun ever since. But really, if Cinderella isn't here by 11, I can't shoot. Must be the fullest tightest match ever run, filmed by the most tight ass film crew direct from Hollywood. Stages look ok, weather looks ok, but JFC, wtf? Have fun everybody shooting. Maybe next time. Amazing. Next time time just tell me not to come.

You know I have two Benellis. M1 Super90's. These are ripping guns. Probably 4K in one and 3 K in the other. a 21" PG and a 24" Straight stock. Took lots of work by me to find them and get them in match order. I 've shot Rock Castle twice before, including when it was a prehistoric mess. So Im driving up, because one of my best friends calls me when he gets there and says, come shoot. You can make it. Yeah, I'd like to shoot the Benelli sponsored Rock Castle Match. I work shift work a lot, sometimes have to bailout and do brain surgery or something, you know -bail out. Only Linda gives me my money back, the lesser class of MDs keep the money. I spend more on 3Gun than Colt does. But I get this email while I'm driving-lots of guys drive straight through and shoot stages right after they arrive-that if I'm not there by 11, I can't shoot. So, not really wanting to get a speeding ticket, or die, I say to myself, wtf? It's not rocket science, it's a shotgun match, and even if I get there, I can't shoot with whom I want. So being a reasonable guy I just say why bother. I shoot a Benelli because I really liked Denise Johnson's when I saw it. She sent me off to see Mr. Kurt Miller, a great guy, and he shows me how to load weak hand. Been great fun ever since. But really, if Cinderella isn't here by 11, I can't shoot. Must be the fullest tightest match ever run, filmed by the most tight ass film crew direct from Hollywood. Stages look ok, weather looks ok, but JFC, wtf? Have fun everybody shooting. Maybe next time. Amazing. Next time time just tell me not to come.

What was that?

A forum post. Trying to remind everybody that without all the shooters, the most exposed shooters, or TV productions, would have no match in which to show excellence. I am tired of TV producers f*#king around with matches. Tired of people who shouldn't be running matches running them. It's about the shooting. I hope you shoot well Jesse. You are a cool dude and your wife is an incredibly nice person and it always great to see you around. DVC

A forum post. Trying to remind everybody that without all the shooters, the most exposed shooters, or TV productions, would have no match in which to show excellence. I am tired of TV producers f*#king around with matches. Tired of people who shouldn't be running matches running them. It's about the shooting. I hope you shoot well Jesse. You are a cool dude and your wife is an incredibly nice person and it always great to see you around. DVC

That makes more sense. I was lost the first time much like when I try to read anything other than comic books or playboy magazines.

Had to leave early to catch an aeroplane. Anybody get a snapshot of the scores?

Great Effin match BTW!!! RO's kicked a$$!!! MD & RM rocked it too!!! I didn't get to see the prize table but heard there were guns which means it was awesome too.

Last but definitely no least big props and thanks to the Nobles and their staff at The Rock. Y'all make us feel at home when we are at your resort. No matter the match it's my favorite if it's at your venue.

Well I now know what it is like to shoot a match iat the gates of hell.....it's hot!!! 106-108 all thre days. I feel like I accomplished something just finishing the match

What a lot of fun this match was the stages were so well done for a a great shotgun match. The Bennelli VP actually brought us Popsicles twice. It was like going to shotgun camp and as always Rockcastle is such a fantastic host

I hope they have it next year!!!